A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Just purchased an '08 A4

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased an '08 A4

Just as a few of the other posts, we just purchased a Deep Sea Blue metallic '08 non quattro 2.0t A4. The car is pretty loaded including Navi, with the exception of the cold weather package. It is CPO w/ 30k miles and still has 9 months of regular warranty. We looked at a few others but decided on this one with the CPO because it's for our daughter who lives 500 miles away. If anything goes wrong in the next 2 3/4 years, it goes into the dealer with only a $85 deductable. The price was good, not great but it's from a dealer and appeared to be in great shape and is a southern California car (no salted roads). I just hope that all I've read about Audi QC being much improved since '05 are true!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dragoncoach
Just as a few of the other posts, we just purchased a Deep Sea Blue metallic '08 non quattro 2.0t A4. The car is pretty loaded including Navi, with the exception of the cold weather package. It is CPO w/ 30k miles and still has 9 months of regular warranty. We looked at a few others but decided on this one with the CPO because it's for our daughter who lives 500 miles away. If anything goes wrong in the next 2 3/4 years, it goes into the dealer with only a $85 deductable. The price was good, not great but it's from a dealer and appeared to be in great shape and is a southern California car (no salted roads). I just hope that all I've read about Audi QC being much improved since '05 are true!
Congrats on your recent purchase dragoncoach of an '08 A4 for your daughter no less . What we parents won't do for our kids! The only thing I would like you to be aware of at this point, if you don't know already, is the cam follower issue. I have included a link to just one of the threads covering this problem FYI. Don't want to scare you, but forewarned is forearmed. Here is the link: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2792882

If you do a search on cam follwers, you should get some more info. I suggest you read some of these posts.

All the best!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Congrats on your recent purchase dragoncoach of an '08 A4 for your daughter no less . What we parents won't do for our kids! The only thing I would like you to be aware of at this point, if you don't know already, is the cam follower issue. I have included a link to just one of the threads covering this problem FYI. Don't want to scare you, but forewarned is forearmed. Here is the link: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2792882

If you do a search on cam follwers, you should get some more info. I suggest you read some of these posts.

All the best!
Thanks for the heads up! My son has an '06 GTI and we are fully aware of the cam follower issues and will keep an eye out. I'm wondering if the warranty covers repairs if the cam follower fails and destroys the engine. I really don't want to find out though......
Old 02-28-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up! My son has an '06 GTI and we are fully aware of the cam follower issues and will keep an eye out. I'm wondering if the warranty covers repairs if the cam follower fails and destroys the engine. I really don't want to find out though......
Yes, your warranty will cover for sure. I was going to have my 2007 A4 2.0TQ looked at, but traded it in before. The cost to access the condition of the follower was about $120CDN and to replace the cam follower was another $130-140CDN on top. I was going to have it all done for peace of mind.

Even though any future repair work would have been covered by the extended warranty, I wanted to be proactive instead of reactive. I figure if I did wait and major damage incurred, it would be at the worse possible time, say for example a vacation, and then I'd be losing the use of my car for weeks. Even if you get a loaner, there is nothing like your own car.

Just my own personal thoughts .
Old 02-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed, but one doesn't want to go overboard. No use wasting money needlessly. Proactive is good, I know. We own 2 BMW's and an MB and certain things are prone to wear or breakage after a period of time. Some we replace, others we leave.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Agreed, but one doesn't want to go overboard. No use wasting money needlessly. Proactive is good, I know. We own 2 BMW's and an MB and certain things are prone to wear or breakage after a period of time. Some we replace, others we leave.
Alrighty then . We'll leave it at that.

Take care and I wish your daughter all the best in her new A4 .
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Old Dog
Alrighty then . We'll leave it at that.

Take care and I wish your daughter all the best in her new A4 .
Thanks for your suggestions and kind words. She's a good driver as is our son. Her '05 Accord was totalled in a low speed accident. No injuries but my daughter wasn't even driving the car! Her roommate was driving it! Upsetting because the car was in excellent shape, fully loaded, and only had 48k miles! Oh well, at least no one was injured and cars can be replaced.