A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Loaner Cars (True or False)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner Cars (True or False)

I was test driving the A4 2.0T at the local Audi dealership and started talking pricing. We got on the subject of warrenty and loaner cars and he said "If your car is getting any service our dealership will provide you with a free loaner car for the length of the service".....i mentioned I was checking out the pricing/deals @ a rival Audi dealership about 30-40 miles from my house and he said "I won't advise buying from them, cause if you ever got your car serviced here we dont' have to give you a loaner"...

Is this true? This will be my first Audi, i've owned SVT fords mostly and if you own an ford SVT you get a free loaner car @ any dealership you get it serviced at..
Old 05-03-2006, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

he's bull ****ting, you should report him to the GM,lol
Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yeah he's right.... (Answer: True)

Loaner cars are not part of the Audi free maintenance programme...... with my dealer, the one I purchased from, I get their "Passport Service" which means I get a loaner car whenever I have the car in for service with them. They do not offer the free loaner cars to people who did not purchase from them..... I know this because my friend purchased from another dealer and he tried to get the loaner from them..... didn't happen.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Possibly you'll get priority

As I understand it, it's up to the dealer if they want to provide a loaner. Most will usually provide one if one is available, but they may have some sort of priority system where if you actually purchased/leased your vehicle there you'll be ahead of the other guy that didn't. My guess is as good as yours. Whatever it is, I don't think this should be a major factor in your decision of which dealer to buy the car. Finding a good service manager... that's what they should really be advertising. Some SM's are real jerks and seem to have no clue about cars (let alone audis). just curious, what's the $ difference?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Like rickolis said^^^
Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

*wave* I'm down there =P V V V V V V
Old 05-04-2006, 02:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Loaner Cars (True or False)

I own an `05.5 2.0T Quattro, and also own an `04 SC430 and an `04 GX470, and I know that my Lexus dealer has that policy. Once, while at the Lexus dealership, I overheard a conversation with a customer where it was explained to them that they weren't eligible for a loaner vehicle (typically a late model ES or RX) because their car wasn't purchased from that dealership. Having your vehicle serviced at a dealership other than the dealership where the car was purchased also can affect service priority (order in which the car is serviced). By the way, my Audi dealer, HBL Audi of Tysons Corner, provides a non-Audi loaner for service. It bugs me a little that they don't provide Audi cars as loaners, but their service department is the best that I've seen anywhere and I've been buying cars since 1978. HBL is one of three Audi dealerships within easy driving distance of my house and, frankly, the quality and appearance of HBL's service department influenced my decision to purchase my A4 from that dealer.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
Default each dealer is independent and has their own policies on loaners. They are not required to provide

one to you, they do it out of courtesy (if they do). Some/Most dealerships will only give you a loaner out of their fleet if you purchased the car from them. If you bought a car from another dealer and go to a different dealer that has this policy and go to them for service, they may send you to the rental car counter, shuttle service or no loaner/alternate transportation at all. It all depends on the dealer and how they set it up.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:12 AM

Default Re: Possibly you'll get priority

about 3k.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

loaners are a courtesy, they can deny you for any reason.

Quick Reply: Loaner Cars (True or False)