A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

mechanics in south OC??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mechanics in south OC??

I have a 2006 A4 B7. Took it to mission Viejo Audi dealer and they fixed a couple sensors ( some pressure valve for the gas tank that was stuck open and something for the turbo) and when I drove it home from the dealer and I turned my AC on my CEL started to flash. I took it back to the dealer and they said it had nothing to do with the work they did on my car. I was told they could take my head off for 1,300$ just to look inside. I almost through up in my mouth.

They stated that cylinder # 4 is misfiring. They removed the spark plug and said that some of the ceramic from it had broken off in the cylinder. It could have bent a valve or is stuck in the valve hole keeping it open. The dealer replaced it with a new one.

So my cars still at the dealership sitting there bc There's no way I can afford that after paying them 800$ to fix the previous codes that where coming up. Not to mention taking it to Vtech in lake forest (very bad idea) and them having my car for a week and charging me 540$ they fixed nothing and created another problem causing my gas tank not to go past 3/4 of a tank when I fill it up.

WHAT TO DO:

Should I drive my car to my house like 10 miles away? or have it towed?
Where I could attempt to pull the spark plug off in cylinder # 4 crank the piston to the top and use a shop vak to suck out the piece. If thats what the problem is.

Im located in south Orange County. does anyone know of a mechanic that doesn't charge any where close to 135$ an hour.

Id perfer to do it myself since I'm currently unemployed.

I also am pretty handy and used to do R and R on transmisitions way back in high school.

I'd even be down for someone to help me do any of it.
Even a barter of some sort would work. I do carpet cleaning and handy man stuff.

Thanks for reading and any information you can provide

Brian