A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

PSS9 or H&R / Blistein Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS9 or H&R / Blistein Sport?

Been debating on weather to get the Bilstein PSS-9 Coilovers or the H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein Sport Shocks Combo? I do not want to sacrifice too much ride quality as the roads in PA are ridden with gaps and potholes. I would like to attend a few track day events and like the height and dampening adjustability of the PSS-9’s. I also understand that a properly valved shock with matching spring such as the H&R/ Bilstein Sports can yield almost the same performance of a pricier coilover setup.

My major concern aside from the price difference in the two different setups is everyday street drivability. Are the coilovers to harsh for everyday driving even at the softest setting? How about the H&R/Bilstein Sport’s ride quality for everyday street use?

I had the Bilstein Sports with Eibach Springs in my 97’ Jetta and the car handled like it was on rails. The downside was that as the miles piled on the suspension started to feel very harsh in absorbing the bumps, cracks and imperfections in the roads. Not looking for that experience in this car again.

Looking for all experiences with these two suspensions. Pros and Cons. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^in the softest setting the setup is just like the s-line suspension just slighty stiffer, it's very comfortable. on hard setting unless your daily roads are fresh paved you switch it pretty quickly, it's very stiff and probably should be track only. I've had mine for about 10k, i dont track my car but as for a daily driver the suspension is very comfortable. I'm currently a few click from soft as i light the rebound to be a little stiffer but yet comfortable. GL
Old 05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

where about in PA are you? near AWE tuning at all? it's pretty pricey there but if you buy it from them, they have a lifetime warranty and if anythin goes wrong with the PSS9's they'll take care of it there rather than you having to send it to some shop you buy it from. i'm currently saving up for some PSS9's but it might not be for a while.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by paulk11087
where about in PA are you? near AWE tuning at all? it's pretty pricey there but if you buy it from them, they have a lifetime warranty and if anythin goes wrong with the PSS9's they'll take care of it there rather than you having to send it to some shop you buy it from. i'm currently saving up for some PSS9's but it might not be for a while.
AWE is actually 30 min away from me and I was planning on using their services from the go. They have an excellent reputation in this area and their work speaks for itself. I have been talking with John Voss at AWE about the right suspension for me and he was very informative and helpful in helping me choose to right setup. After much research and reading countless forum threads I have pretty much decided on the PSS9’s. The price is quite steep but John hooked me up with AWE’s interest free financing through GE’s CarCare One program. I got approved for 12 months interest free financing on the whole package. I am also throwing in the AWE Diverter Valve in this installation. You should talk with John if money is a little tight; he may be able to help you get the zero financing.

Thanks John if you are reading this. May 19th can’t come any sooner!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the props. It was my pleasure to help. Like I mentioned, I have been thrilled with the PSS-9's on my car and I am sure you will be as well.

I will see you on the 19th!

For anyone else looking for B7(or any Audi) drop me a line or give me a call. My car is here every day if anyone wants to check out the ride of PSS-9's or software and we are also completing several upcoming projects on our shop B7 A4.