A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Some lady hit me.. is my car considered totaled?

Old 11-24-2018, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some lady hit me.. is my car considered totaled?

The lady was trying to cross 2 lanes during a busy hour in New Orleans on Black Friday. She said someone waved her by and I was driving at a steady speed cuz you know how these people are. She went from the stop sign pass the car that waved her by to the lane I was driving in. The lady didn’t even stop in front of the car that waved her by, she just went for it. No time for me to stop, but she could have but how dare her miss that opening on the other side. A cop witnessed everything said it was her fault, the dumb hag was blaming me, did t ask if I’m ok or anything. I was on my way to go shopping for my family and this happened. I’m super bummed. My seat felt broken it was sitting lower than usual and my coke went EVERYWHERE all over the seats and floor board, as shown in the pics the back seats came crashing in. I had my Sundown Amp on the back of one of the seats, that almost ended up in the front seat. Subwoofer box and sub prob done too.. also my in dash cover came off, most likely damage to it as well.

The right side side looks pretty bad and idk if this would be considered totatalled or not. Any thoughts? Suggestions would be great. The video has the best view of the damage cuz the cop wouldn’t allow me to get out and take pics cuz of the pole I guess or ppl taking pics, idk.

I was in my car like they told me to, and next thing you know this crazy bitch starts recording ME and my car after to cop told us both it wasnt safe.. So I got out and started recording her for all the documentation I need. This is what happens when you try to beat traffic and have no consideration for the safety of others. The stupid bitch didn’t ask if I was ok or anything. Just trying to say it was my fault smfh Black Friday bull ****

Took this thing right outta the ground dayum

Just a little of what the inside looks like.. my amp and subwoofer were all over my backseat.

Thank god someone wasn’t on the other side at that moment and didn’t get hurt.. or it didn’t come right down my car. I did try my best to swerve and miss it but things happen so fast.

She was coming across, apparently someone told her she could go and the crazy hag went and gunned it not even checking if someone was in the other lane. She was trying to get to the other side to head south when I was heading north.

This Audi is a tank.. there was some kinda greenish color liquid coming out by the front left tire.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks dude. Here's the deal though. Contact your insurance company. Get quotes on repairs. If the insurance company says the car is too expensive to repair versus their book value, there are still many options depending upon the rules in the state or province you live in...

Take the money and buy a different car.

Negotiate a buyback, which is essentially the book value minus the salvage value. You get some cash and you keep the car. In this case, you can scrap it yourself or you can repair it.

The third option is to say to the insurance co, that you are going to repair it yourself. They will give you some cash plus a labour allowance minus the deductable.

I just had my 2006 3.2 Avant written off due to a collision with a deer. The RF fender, RF headlamp assembly, bumper cover, hood, radiator support along with a few odds and sods were all destroyed. Total for parts worked out to maybe $3200. The kicker was the R & R cost of the radiator support which was 12+ hours labour due to the requirement to disconnect the A/C system.

Good luck.