A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Tail Hitch for my sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tail Hitch for my sedan

I know, to even bring this up i'll get flammed left and right...but i'm thinking about getting one. just wondering if any company offers it? Anyone have one? I think towing something this small is fair game.

I dont like trucks and dont have a suv and have a sport quad with a small trailer that i would like to some times take out when my buddy (who has a truck and normally towes the trailer) doesn't have time. Just a thought. Thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtracer20
I know, to even bring this up i'll get flammed left and right...but i'm thinking about getting one. just wondering if any company offers it? Anyone have one? I think towing something this small is fair game.

I dont like trucks and dont have a suv and have a sport quad with a small trailer that i would like to some times take out when my buddy (who has a truck and normally towes the trailer) doesn't have time. Just a thought. Thanks
Hmmmm....are you planing on towing like a ride on lawn mower or a motorcycle?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i got a sport quad a couple weeks ago and i just wana be able to move it around if i need to without keeping it stored at my buddies place. I called up my local dealer and audi doesn't have anything. I found out that uhaul has one but i'm just worried about the install and weather or not i have to drill etc etc. Been trying to get answer but i've yet to get ahold of anyone from uhaul.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vtracer20
i got a sport quad a couple weeks ago and i just wana be able to move it around if i need to without keeping it stored at my buddies place. I called up my local dealer and audi doesn't have anything. I found out that uhaul has one but i'm just worried about the install and weather or not i have to drill etc etc. Been trying to get answer but i've yet to get ahold of anyone from uhaul.
I would weld or bolt on a bar to the 2 tow loops in the back then attach the tow hitch to that. Those tow loops have great support so just adding a bar should be significant.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yea finally got email back from uhaul. Looks like you have to do some drilling into the space tire compartment. hmmm, gotta look into maybe getting the euro version tow hitch.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

cant wait to see this... hehe
Old 04-07-2009, 09:32 AM

wait! Go on gocpt.com it is the shop that I all audiclub guys in chicago. The owner, Al, custom built a trailer hitch for an RS4. When you go on the site, click on the gallery and you'll see the photos. Give him a call, great service, no bullsh*t
Old 04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jazznuts699
cant wait to see this... hehe
your just jealous
Old 04-08-2009, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, I was expecting the tow hitch to look horrid. That one on the RS4 looks like it would be barely noticeable. If I were to ever hitch my A4(which I would certainly never do) I would hope it was that well concealed.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am looking to do the same, and having the same questions. i have a snowmobile i'd like to tow come this winter, and the sled and a single sled trailer will weigh less that 1000lbs, uhaul quoted me 260 hitch installed. only have one more year on my lease, and dont know what to do. the Curt trailer hitchs, i only see available for avants, what differnt underneath that it only fits avants?? any help?

Quick Reply: Tail Hitch for my sedan