A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Trying to figure out Bose harness wire colors

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out Bose harness wire colors

Does anyone have a link or know what the colors of the wires are going into the B7 Bose amplifier? the diagram at a4mods.com does not show the correct amp for the B7, and does not list what colors the wires are. I have the 22 pin connector, but then another 10 pins next to it, leading me to believe I have the same harness as in the S4 (32 pin harness). The problem is I can't figure out how to disassemble the connector in order to see which wire goes to which pin. I can't find a pin out, and even if I could, because of the type of connector I can't even see which wire goes into which pin. So ideally I need to know which color wire is what, specifically I just need to know what color the remote turn on wire is, and what color the low level signals are coming out of the head unit.

All I want to do is tap into the low level signals in order to get some RCA's coming out of the Bose harness and into my aftermarket amp. Spent hours searching here, audizine, audiworld, google etc and cannot find anything listing the wire colors.

OK, these are the colors I have going into the amp:

1) Yellow/Brown and Yellow/Red (2 wires twisted together)
2) Red/Green and Brown/Black (2 wires twisted together)
3) Green and Black (2 wires twisted together)
4) Yellow/Blue and Green/Brown (2 wires twisted together)
5) Green/Blue and Blue/Brown (2 wires twisted together)
6) Grey/Red and Grey/Brown (these go down to the sub)
7) A thicker gauge Red/Blue wire (power??)
8) A thicker gauge brown wire (ground??) - This wire comes down the loom, then is crimped together about 2" up the harness with a smaller black wire and then the 2 go into the connection.
9) A thicker gauge solid white wire (remote??)
10) White, Brown and Black small gauge wires bunched together inside a black tube
11) Yellow, White and Green small gauge wires bunched together inside a black tube

I think that the 5 pairs of wires that are twisted together go to the speakers in the doors, and the center channel up on the dash. Assuming I am right in that the thicker red/blue wire is power, brown is ground, and white is remote, that leaves the smaller gauge wires, but why are there 6? any wiring diagram I can find only shows 4 line outputs from the stereo, and 1 line output ground from the radio, so why are there 6? and once I figure out what they are, how do I access them in order to splice into them for my RCA output? The connections that I have match what is listed as the non Bose amp at a4mods.com, yet when I turn on my stereo I see Bose come up, all the speakers have Bose stamped on them, and the sub in the trunk and a big black piece in the trunk have Bose stamped on them.

EDIT: OK so I finally figured it out after comparing my Bose to the one from an S4, and have things working. But, my gain is not working. I have an Alpine MRV-F345, it has a digital gain setting from 0.2V to 4.0V. If I turn the gain up anywhere from 0.2V then I get no volume out of the sub. Have I somehow mixed up the positives and negatives on the RCA spliced into the Bose? I have the wires from the tab going to the common ground, and pins 21 and 22 connected to the poles (+) on the RCA.

Thanks.

Last edited by naiku; 11-21-2010 at 02:13 PM.