Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

2009 A4 Downshifting Question

A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present

2009 A4 Downshifting Question

Old 04-15-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Long time reader, first time poster.
redbean25 did you ever come up to a solution on your Allroad? I have the exact same issue you are describing with my 2014 A4. Mine does not like 1-2-3 shifts at slow speeds which sucks for commuting in the DFW area. But my biggest concern is and I have been able to duplicate it. After the car has been sitting. If I pull out of work for example and accelerate hard from a standstill it feels like it misses the shift entirely from 1st to 2nd. Enough to almost throw me forward. It is like it doesn't know what to do for a second. This is after I took the car in and they reset/re calibrated the transmission.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MBlackOptic View Post
Long time reader, first time poster.
redbean25 did you ever come up to a solution on your Allroad? I have the exact same issue you are describing with my 2014 A4. Mine does not like 1-2-3 shifts at slow speeds which sucks for commuting in the DFW area. But my biggest concern is and I have been able to duplicate it. After the car has been sitting. If I pull out of work for example and accelerate hard from a standstill it feels like it misses the shift entirely from 1st to 2nd. Enough to almost throw me forward. It is like it doesn't know what to do for a second. This is after I took the car in and they reset/re calibrated the transmission.
No. They can't replicate the issue. I've been living with it. It has recently gotten worse, and now it seems to slip in 5th and 6th gear while I am cruising. I'm starting to wonder if it is a torque converter slowly going bad. It's going back next week. Likely they'll find nothing.