A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2009 Audi A4 vs 2009 BMW 328i

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Audi A4 vs 2009 BMW 328i

I went and looked at both of these cars over the weekend and I'm still debating over which one is a better car. I've liked the A4 for a long time but now that I've seen the new design of the 3-series, I wasn't so sure anymore. Suggestions please.....
Old 12-27-2008, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I own a 2007 328

esentially the same at the LCI(facelift) 2009 E90(3series sedan)

The BMW offers a tight package,

Audi wins hands down in interior style,

the BMW wins for driving "feel"

BMW offers amazing finace and lease deals .Audi NOTHING competitive at all..

BMW.. sport package is a must for the seats alone...
Old 12-27-2008, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Do a search here for Audi Driving Experience. Lots of actual driving comparisons between the two
Old 12-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: 2009 Audi A4 vs 2009 BMW 328i

Was about to pull the trigger in Nov on a 328 coupe (w/sport seats), but after I drove an 09 A4 with sport pkg (w/seats and suspension) there was no question for me. Which one is "better"...? Beatles or Stones...Ginger or Mary Ann...?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

BWM interior can't hold a candle to the A4.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:35 PM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

335>A4(2.0)>328 for me at least
Old 12-27-2008, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default and that is why

BMW is in so much **** right now because they finance their car so much..
Old 12-27-2008, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have a 335i..and may be moving back to a B8 A4

The issues with the 335i are driving me nutz.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not to mention..... (a bit long)

with the exception of the regular 3 Series, (which still sells very, very well, but somewhat more so in North America than in the rest of the world), BMW's global sales (North America somewhat less so than the rest of the world), now including the M3, are the worst or one of the worst in their class.

Even though sales of most or all VW, Audi and Porsche models in North America are the worst or one of the worst in their class, Volkswagen's, Audi's and Porsche's sales overseas get much better and much better every year since 1997. Globally, Volkswagen's, Audi's and Porsche's sales are currently the best or one of the best in their class.

All of the above was confirmed by several members of AudiWorld (an, in some cases, Volkswagen AG, Audi AG and Porsche AG themselves) several times in calendar year 2008.

I wonder what those pigs Chris Bangle and Adrian van Hooydonk are saying now about their mostly horrific designs (which, 1,000,000-1,
are the reasons the global sales of all BMW's-other than the regular 3 Series-are the worst or one of the worst in their class). The regular 3 Series still sells very, very well globally (again, North America somewhat more so than the rest of the world).

This is because the design of the regular 3 Series coupe and convertible is excellent, though the 3 Series and M3 sedan from stem to stern and the 3 Series wagon (no M3 wagon, yet) from the windshield forward now look like a Saturn, Kia and Hyundai (not that these brands are bad, they are actually very good, but a BMW should look like absolutely nothing other than the BMWs that they are). Not smart, BMW.

Perhaps that is why I see so many more current generation regular BMW 3 Series cars in the coupe and convertible bodystyles than in the sedan and wagon bodystyles. The current generation regular BMW 3 Series coupes and convertibles look like absolutely nothing other than the BMWs that they are.

The current 6 Series and M6 coupes and convertibles also look like absolutely nothing other than the BMWs that they are (which translates into the design of these BMWs being excellent).

Chris Bangle and Adrian van Hooydonk did an excellent job with the designs of the current regular 3 Series coupes and convertibles. These two bozos also did an excellent job with the designs of the current 6 Series and M6 coupes and convertibles. Unfortunately, this is where the end of Chris Bangle and Adrian van Hooydonk doing an excellent job with the designs of the current BMWs is. Therefore, this where the beginning of Chris Bangle and Adrian van Hooydonk doing a horrific job with the designs of the current BMWs begins (or continues).

I love the upcoming new 7 Series judging from the pictures that I saw, which is Bangle's and van Hooydonk's best design job yet by a very good margin. However, I will wait until I see the upcoming new 7 Series in person before I make my final judgment on that car.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I drove both at the ADE this past summer...

..and it was pretty close between the two cars. Understand, these comparisons were between comparably equipped cars, so the AWD BMW was what I drove when we did the slalom runs.

The steering on the Bimmer was much heavier, but feedback was similar on both cars. The BMW felt fine and I enjoyed driving it. The A4 did feel lighter and a bit more agile, but both cars finished 1-2 in our group's voting after the runs...leaving the MB and Infiniti vehicles far behind.

I think the 3 series BMW outhandles the A4, and feels more nimble, IF you're using the RWD car for comparison. When you add AWD however, the A4 does feel better and, I believe, provides a better balanced package. I also think the Audi provides a nicer interior environment, with excellent ergonomics, fit, and finish.

I've owned three BMW's over the years, and now am on my third Audi. I have tremendous respect for both brands but, right now, it would be difficult to get me back into a Bimmer.

Quick Reply: 2009 Audi A4 vs 2009 BMW 328i