A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2010 Audi A4 S-Line Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice. This Audi buying process used to be much less diffucult as a friend of my parents' owned a dealership (it was recently sold). How is Audi leasing? Is leasing something to consider if I trade every few years? I'm not familiar with the process at all.

Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barrels41
Prestige or S trim is a poor economic value.
# of days I might regret the "poor economic value" of a Prestige/S-line:

1 day (resale day)

# of days I know I will enjoy my "poor economic value" from behind the wheel or when glancing back while walking away in the parking lot:

1,825+ days (every other day of ownership )
Old 03-23-2010, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
# of days I might regret the "poor economic value" of a Prestige/S-line:

1 day (resale day)

# of days I know I will enjoy my "poor economic value" from behind the wheel or when glancing back while walking away in the parking lot:

1,825+ days (every other day of ownership )
Nice way of putting this in perspective.

I spend at least an hour per workday in my car, often more due to traffic/weather. The more pleasant and interesting I can make that time, the better my life is.

I've got a maxed-out Avant on order; I'll likely be driving it for ten years (I drove my last two Audis thirteen and ten years, respectively). That means I'll be spending _at_least_ 2,500 hours commuting in this car; probably thousands more than that, and additional time on road trips/vacation and whatever. I expect that every option I've ordered will make some contribution toward improving the experience of those thousands of hours behind the wheel. Viewed that way, everything I add to the car is a dirt-cheap (amortized) investment in quality of life.

- Dennis
Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brothers
Nice way of putting this in perspective.

I spend at least an hour per workday in my car, often more due to traffic/weather. The more pleasant and interesting I can make that time, the better my life is.
I expect that every option I've ordered will make some contribution toward improving the experience of those thousands of hours behind the wheel. Viewed that way, everything I add to the car is a dirt-cheap (amortized) investment in quality of life.

- Dennis
I agree 100% - it's the little things that make the upper trim levels fully worth the $.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On line sites like Edmund's have FAQs explaining leasing. It is preferred by business users for tax reasons. If you drive less than 15,000 miles a year and trade in every three or four years it is an option. Sometimes there are lease promotions that are attractive deals. If you want an "S" pr Presitge the deals will be unfavorable. The deals on an S4 P+ are pretty good.

I would personalty consider an S4 lease as my heart over head move. Too much traffic in Metro NY to often enjoy the horsepower. The looks and ride would be my daily pleasure.