A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2011 Audi A4 Oil Consumption over 80k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Audi A4 Oil Consumption over 80k Miles

Has anyone had any luck getting coverage for the oil consumption issue with the car outside of the 8 year or 80,000 mile range? I just purchased a 2011 Audi A4 with 97k miles and thought it to be fine as I bought from a resale used Audi lot and had no issues when driving. I made it home from buying it and drove around 800 miles and it was already 3 quarts low. Took it to a little Audi shop in my hometown and he said it just needed to be topped off. Drove another 250-300 miles and is already a quart low again.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just an update on this. I spoke with AoA and they would not cover the oil consumption without at least performing the stage 1 fix. I took it to Audi Nashville and they had a look at it, found no leaks, and with the previous owner having all scheduled maintenance done at another Audi dealer and me having all records covered all of the cost of the Stage 1 fix. I am now driving it again and have noticed considerably less smoke from the exhaust and have not had the low oil light come on. Granted, I have only driver around 200 miles since they did Stage 1 and topped off the oil.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I drove around 600 miles and the low oil light came back on. I called Audi Nashville and they said to bring it back down to be tested for how much oil was actually consumed. It failed by Audi standards and the went ahead and did the whole stage 2 piston replacement at no cost. I received a 2017 Q3 to drive while they did the repairs and got it back in just 3 days.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Kudos to AoA for covering this high mileage A4. I'm shocked the car went this long before the problem reared its ugly head. Ours was almost new (12,000miles) when the oil level began to recede, another 10k until the oil test was performed,, an additional 4k until the work was performed. g/l.
Old 05-01-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

New member here, just purchased a 2009 A4 Quattro, 84k miles. I am experiencing something similar concerning oil consumption. Is there a specific technical bulletin number or something that I can refer to when I contact Audi of America? Do I need to contact AoA first or should I go through the Audi dealer I bought the car from first? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by amyers22
Has anyone had any luck getting coverage for the oil consumption issue with the car outside of the 8 year or 80,000 mile range? I just purchased a 2011 Audi A4 with 97k miles and thought it to be fine as I bought from a resale used Audi lot and had no issues when driving. I made it home from buying it and drove around 800 miles and it was already 3 quarts low. Took it to a little Audi shop in my hometown and he said it just needed to be topped off. Drove another 250-300 miles and is already a quart low again.
I got the same issue with my 2009 a4 and was ignore by my Audi dealer just saying to add oil. Now at 88000 km and piston and cylinder 4 just blown. Audi Canada are willing to pay 75% of the bill but still frustrating to pay for a known issue. I will try to pish more to get 100% coverage and to have them fix the issue by changing piston rings.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by bpp
Kudos to AoA for covering this high mileage A4. I'm shocked the car went this long before the problem reared its ugly head. Ours was almost new (12,000miles) when the oil level began to recede, another 10k until the oil test was performed,, an additional 4k until the work was performed. g/l.
I just mentioned the oil consumption and they knew what I was talking about. I think the biggest thing was the previous owner having all service done at an authorized audi service center. Ultimately it seemed like it was the dealer as well that had the final say on whether to process the repair under their coverage.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2011 Q7 PPI ( W/ Fidelity Ext. Warranty) Noticed Excessive Oil Consumption at 75K.
Took it to dealer.. they also confirmed abnormal oil consumption. Dealer contacted Fidelity but Denied as it is not mechanical failure,, Dealer contatact AOA but also denied and was told to contact Fidelity since it was out of Factory Warranty. Had Numerous email back and forth with AOA,, Still denied. Now at 87K mile. keep having P0491 Secondary air injection on Bank 1 4 th time already, Dealer said there were too much carbon build-up and spark Plug were all gunked up. Spark plugs were only 20K old and cleaning carbon build up 4 time with in 3 month,, I left car at the dealer once again and and this is definitly has to with oil consumption issue as and make sure to get to bottom of it,, Hope they to something ,,anything to address oil sonsumption issue..
Old 10-29-2019, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did you face any such issues in your car, after they fixed the oil consumption ?
Old 10-29-2019, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Was the problem fixed after you got everything done? or the oil consumption issues still prevailed after doing everything?

Quick Reply: 2011 Audi A4 Oil Consumption over 80k Miles