A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2014 A4 Quattro, owner comments

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A4 Quattro, owner comments

Hi Everyone,

I have a line on a CPO 2014 and wondering if any of you have comments on ownership. I've been quite happy with my 2008 a4 - i have over 100k miles on it and I've had little to no issues. I'd keep it forever, but alas it is showing it's age. This 2014 popped up and is affordable. Wondering what you all think of this year in general.

What I know:
single owner
~40k miles
external / internal look good - doesn't looked abused
recalls all performed
dealer will put on new tires
was a lease, was sold and taken in at the same dealer
service history is interesting. I haven't been able to track the 15k or 35k. The car (via carfax) was at the dealership around these times, but nothing that explicitly says "15000" or "35000" maintenance. Mainly some warranty work 35k: (rear wheel housing liner, NVLD pressure switch, GFF/guided functions, charcoal filter). 15k: (airbag control module programmed, battery charged).

I took it on a test drive and some uphills I could feel a hesitation on start. I thought it was the parking brake engaging on uphill sections (atleast thats what it felt like). Dealer says that this option wasn't available on the '14.

Like most of us, I take meticulous care of my 08, and I want to move into something newer. This one fits the bill on the external and internals, just wondering about the engine / transmissions and overall owner comments on this year.

Thanks!
mm
Old 06-14-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hm. Well I would assume they did the service - the computer would bug the owner to get service done and can (mostly) only be reset by the dealer or a competent tech.

I have a 14. It's been solid at 43k miles. I also had my charcoal filter replace - I wonder if they were have the evap problems I was. Because they replaced everything in the system before finally going after the filter.

I totally have hill start. There's no switches or buttons that activate it, but if I take the brake off on a hill it gives me a second to get some gas.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ah nice! Thanks Nostromo answered all my questions.

I think the hill start is like a $50 option. It's paired with the emergency brake pull. It must be on by default - or vagcom'ed in?
Old 06-15-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was looking into it last night: apparently the B8 has a "hill start lite". If you come to a complete stop on an incline, it will briefly hold the brakes till you get on the gas. My car totally does this. I couldn't find this in the manual - except for the CVT transmission - but other have talked about it on the web,

What IS in the manual: you can activate the parking brake, and when you give it enough gas to develop torque, it will auto release. This is what they recommend for steep inclines.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Did you make the purchase?

I'm curious if you ended up getting the 14' A4..I'm planning on going to see one tomorrow to test drive and wanted to know your experience was good with yours after owning for a while!

Thanks
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mcintyre
I'm curious if you ended up getting the 14' A4..I'm planning on going to see one tomorrow to test drive and wanted to know your experience was good with yours after owning for a while!

Thanks
I purchased a pre-owned '14 A4 Premium Plus Dec of 2014. It had 17K miles on it. I now have 31k on it and it's been good so far. Only one issue with the PCV having an issue. It apparently is a common failure and Audi has issued a service bulletin on it. The Auto trans can get a little "clunky" at low speeds, another common "feature" of the car. But other than that, It's been an extremely fun car.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gstrouse
I purchased a pre-owned '14 A4 Premium Plus Dec of 2014. It had 17K miles on it. I now have 31k on it and it's been good so far. Only one issue with the PCV having an issue. It apparently is a common failure and Audi has issued a service bulletin on it. The Auto trans can get a little "clunky" at low speeds, another common "feature" of the car. But other than that, It's been an extremely fun car.
Yeah my PCV blew the diaphragm. Was a quick fix at the dealer under warranty.