A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 Audi A4, MMI stuck in initializing

Old 02-15-2016, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Audi A4, MMI stuck in initializing

hello all,

I live in the New England area. This past weekend we got frigid cold temperatures. I used my A4 a few times over the very cold temperatures. On Sunday, the vehicle's MMI system started to get stuck in the initializing screen (at this time, Sunday, it only occurred on the Media screen). I then looked online for a solution. I kept running across the reset the MMI system as a solution. I did. After I did the reset, both the Navigation and Media screens are stuck in initialization. I also keep hearing some high pitch noise inside the console. Sounds like a spinning hard drive. Sounds like when a PC's hard drive goes bad hehe.

Anyone ever run into this?

Thanks for any feedback.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a new one. I'd be straight to the dealer with that.
Old 02-15-2016, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Wait for Tuesday when it's expected to warm up to 55 degrees. The extreme cold we've had here could be the culprit.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the same issue it use to work now i am stuck media initializing and i cant access any source except radio.. however i am taking it to the dealer..

audi s6 2014
Old 05-15-2016, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you tried to reboot the MMI?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Have you tried to reboot the MMI?
yes and i also did a factory rest and still getting the message media initializing
Old 01-08-2017, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default same problem with menu media

Good morning,

I am french and I have the same problem with my audi Car (A6 4G).
At the begining of the car, the media menu stays at the step "initializating medias" and I can't listen music except with radio.
I tried emergency update. no success.

The problem has appeared with the new version of firmware.
before, no problem.

thank you for you help
Old 12-12-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same problem with Audi A8 2014

Hello,I have the same problem with my Audi, from yesterday I have this message on screen , did you find out what was the problem ? I have try to see with VAG com but I can't see the errors on navigation or media . Maybe you can help me . Regards
Old 03-13-2019, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, I too am having the same issue as described above. 2014 Q5 and both the navigation and media are not working; stuck on initializing screen. I also hear a sound from the cd area like a ball rolling. The radio works just fine and I tried rebooting the system as other have done and it still doesnt work. 6 months ago the dealer changed me $172 to look at it and said it was a bad MMI module and wants around $2400 to fix it. At that time the mechanic never heard of this issue before with the navigation and media going out and everything else still working but last week when I took the vehicle in for a recall said they are hearing more issues of this but still doesnt know why other than replacing the whole MMI console. Has anyone figured out what can be done to fix this without replacing the whole MMI console?

Thanks
Old 07-10-2019, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello.
I have same problem.
Can you fix it ?

Originally Posted by kdennis
Hello, I too am having the same issue as described above. 2014 Q5 and both the navigation and media are not working; stuck on initializing screen. I also hear a sound from the cd area like a ball rolling. The radio works just fine and I tried rebooting the system as other have done and it still doesnt work. 6 months ago the dealer changed me $172 to look at it and said it was a bad MMI module and wants around $2400 to fix it. At that time the mechanic never heard of this issue before with the navigation and media going out and everything else still working but last week when I took the vehicle in for a recall said they are hearing more issues of this but still doesnt know why other than replacing the whole MMI console. Has anyone figured out what can be done to fix this without replacing the whole MMI console?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Audi A4, MMI stuck in initializing