A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

2015 Audi A4 - Transmission issues already

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Audi A4 - Transmission issues already

Hi..I searched for this all over the website and found nothing so please let me ask my question. Last month I bought a used 2015 Audi A4 Premium Plus quattro, it had about 30k miles. From an used car place, not the dealer, but not a private sale. It has recently begun moving forwards when I shift into reverse..... but only when I am parking the car, ie, when i'm turning the steering wheel quite a bit before shifting. I took it to the dealer and of course they found nothing wrong. It has continued to do this every time I am parking the car. Not when I am just starting the car and reversing out of my driveway (ie, when the steering wheel/wheels are straight). What is going on??? Can anyone suggest what I should do or tell the dealer? I feel like my hands are tied because they keep telling me they can't recreate this issue when they are test driving. I feel like they are waiting for my warranty to run out, then they'll tell me I need to replace the transmission. I cannot believe the car can have transmission problems already. Should I just get rid of it??? Advice please.......
Old 06-07-2018, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickley55
Hi..I searched for this all over the website and found nothing so please let me ask my question. Last month I bought a used 2015 Audi A4 Premium Plus quattro, it had about 30k miles. From an used car place, not the dealer, but not a private sale. It has recently begun moving forwards when I shift into reverse..... but only when I am parking the car, ie, when i'm turning the steering wheel quite a bit before shifting. I took it to the dealer and of course they found nothing wrong. It has continued to do this every time I am parking the car. Not when I am just starting the car and reversing out of my driveway (ie, when the steering wheel/wheels are straight). What is going on??? Can anyone suggest what I should do or tell the dealer? I feel like my hands are tied because they keep telling me they can't recreate this issue when they are test driving. I feel like they are waiting for my warranty to run out, then they'll tell me I need to replace the transmission. I cannot believe the car can have transmission problems already. Should I just get rid of it??? Advice please.......
Before you panic just step back and think about what you think is happening and if it is reasonable that it is a problem. Any minor or major fault will register a fault code that can be read by any dealer or even a parts outlet store like Autozone. 1st have someone check for codes . If there are none then make sure that all of the fluids are up to spec. You have not suggested how severe the issue is but if you say the car rolls forward while in reverse then try to duplicate this in an empty parking lot. When you shift to reverse can you step on the gas and the car goes forward. Are we talking about an automatic or a manual shift. At 30K miles there should not be any transmission issues unless there was previous damage. Do you have any history on the car. Can your dealer track the cars history with Audi by searching the Vin. #. If the car drives correctly and the transmission doesn't slip and there is no noise then it may not be a problem. Go to a dealer and take a test drive of another Audi and compare it to yours.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Before you panic just step back and think about what you think is happening and if it is reasonable that it is a problem. Any minor or major fault will register a fault code that can be read by any dealer or even a parts outlet store like Autozone. 1st have someone check for codes . If there are none then make sure that all of the fluids are up to spec. You have not suggested how severe the issue is but if you say the car rolls forward while in reverse then try to duplicate this in an empty parking lot. When you shift to reverse can you step on the gas and the car goes forward. Are we talking about an automatic or a manual shift. At 30K miles there should not be any transmission issues unless there was previous damage. Do you have any history on the car. Can your dealer track the cars history with Audi by searching the Vin. #. If the car drives correctly and the transmission doesn't slip and there is no noise then it may not be a problem. Go to a dealer and take a test drive of another Audi and compare it to yours.
Thank you. The dealer checked for codes, they couldnt find anything. It's an automatic transmission. When I bought it, they showed me the car fax and there was nothing significant on it and nothing related to the transmission. I mean to me this is a severe issue even if it only happens when I'm shifting gear, not driving. It shouldnt be doing this. And transmissions for German cars are astronomically expensive. And I just bought this car. Related to slipping, the car does buck when I'm driving sometimes. or if I'm braking. Again, dealer claims they couldnt find anything.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mickley55
It has recently begun moving forwards when I shift into reverse....
Was your car on proper horizontal surface? May be on a slope?
Unlike its predecessor B7, the B8 may be equipped with dual clutch gearbox (DSG, 7 steps) rather than conventional automatic gearbox (8 steps) with fluid coupler. In case of DSG, it is fully ok to to move on the slope decline due to way how transmission get engaged. You either need to enable Hill Hold or use break pedal.