A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

BR: A4 b8 2.0 TFSI CVT - From stop/hill issue (+ introduction =D)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BR: A4 b8 2.0 TFSI CVT - From stop/hill issue (+ introduction =D)

Hello AudiWorld members,

My name is Christian, I'm a A4 2.0 TFSI (CVT - FWD) b8 2009 owner from South America, Brazil exactly.
First of all, what a great car! It has the power of a "sport car", with the comfort of a family vehicle.

But, everything's not roses, unfortunately.

I'm having some issues while my car is on a complete stop and want to start rolling.
The symptoms are: The car is on a full stop, and I gently press the gas for it to start moving, I feel a hiccup and the car kinda throws forward and then the RPM drops (sometimes making the car turn off), after this it moves perfectly.
When the car does not give this major hiccup, it starts moving but the RPM becomes totally unstable until the car starts moving (4km/h - 2/3mph).

This issue ONLY happens when the car starts moving from a complete stop. Overall driving is perfect, the car is strong and smooth, not having those "jerks" and stuff.

What have I already done to try to fix the issue:
1- CVT Oil change. Done.
2- Decarb of the engine. Done.
3- Coils and Spark Plugs. Replaced.
4- Fuel Nozzles. OK
5- Cleaned the intercooler (had a little oil on it from the oil consumption period) PS: Pistons were replaced to fix the oil consumption. The topic's issue was already happening before the pistons replacement.
6- Turbo pipes for any leak. Checked.
7- Pressure valve (Top of the engine). Checked.
8- VAG-COM Scan made, only 1 fault code related to the gas cap (had it replaced and no more fault codes at all).

I made two videos and hosted them at youtube so you can watch was exactly is going on, the links are below.
Video #1:
(This one is a bit longer, it makes the full path from my garage to the street).
Video #2:
(Video already on street)

I've run out of ideas of what this problem could be
If anyone has gone through this, or maybe has an idea of what could be the issue, please give some insight

Thanks,
Christian.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

I know it's been a while since you posted here, but I have an Audi A4 B8 2015, 2.0TDI with CVT that has the same problem and I'm looking for solutions.

Have you managed to get it fixed?
Old 01-07-2021, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by razvan.zaharia
Hi,

I know it's been a while since you posted here, but I have an Audi A4 B8 2015, 2.0TDI with CVT that has the same problem and I'm looking for solutions.

Have you managed to get it fixed?

I never found the source for that issue...

Car was sold a while ago already.