AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   A4 B8.5 1st to 2nd up shift problem (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/a4-b8-5-1st-2nd-up-shift-problem-2970812/)

MBlackOptic 04-18-2019 11:52 AM

A4 B8.5 1st to 2nd up shift problem

I have searched the forums high and low for an answer for this. If it has been discussed please feel free to send me the link.
Recently purchased a 2014 Audi A4 Quattro. I have the 8spd. And it is giving me the oddest problem.
For example after a cold start (car sitting for more then a few hours) I pull out of work onto a busy 4 lane road that usually requires a heavy acceleration to get out into a gap. The car revs up and when it shifts under heavy acceleration to 2nd it is like it has a complete mis-shift. I will literally get thrown forward and when it does catch 2nd it will do it again slightly before catching as normal and power comes back in. Now the weird part is I can not replicate it again unless I let the car sit and get "cold." I could immediately stop and bury the throttle again and it will shift no problem.
I have taken it in to the dealership and they performed a transmission reset, they also replaced the engine mounts. I recently replaced the coil packs, spark plugs, and diverter valve.(it was doing this before replacing all those)
My initial suspicion is with the torque converter(my RS6 ate those for breakfast) any ideas?

nika kakulia 06-17-2020 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by MBlackOptic (Post 25305022)
I have searched the forums high and low for an answer for this. If it has been discussed please feel free to send me the link.
Recently purchased a 2014 Audi A4 Quattro. I have the 8spd. And it is giving me the oddest problem.
For example after a cold start (car sitting for more then a few hours) I pull out of work onto a busy 4 lane road that usually requires a heavy acceleration to get out into a gap. The car revs up and when it shifts under heavy acceleration to 2nd it is like it has a complete mis-shift. I will literally get thrown forward and when it does catch 2nd it will do it again slightly before catching as normal and power comes back in. Now the weird part is I can not replicate it again unless I let the car sit and get "cold." I could immediately stop and bury the throttle again and it will shift no problem.
I have taken it in to the dealership and they performed a transmission reset, they also replaced the engine mounts. I recently replaced the coil packs, spark plugs, and diverter valve.(it was doing this before replacing all those)
My initial suspicion is with the torque converter(my RS6 ate those for breakfast) any ideas?

I have the same problem with my 2013 A4.
Mine also shifts oddly when stationary from P to R to D to R. The car shakes when I shift when stationary. especially to R.
Do you have the same problem?

GeoS4V8 06-17-2020 04:22 AM

Try turning traction control off after u first start car and give it a go, see if it stops.

zizouomar 07-03-2020 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by MBlackOptic (Post 25305022)

Did you find a solution ? I have this issue but with 1-2-3-4 even when engine is warm.... Replaced everything too, also serviced transmission.