AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   A4 B8 MMI 3G Bluetooth cannot be activated (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/a4-b8-mmi-3g-bluetooth-cannot-activated-2802465/)

meon777 03-19-2011 09:50 PM

A4 B8 MMI 3G Bluetooth cannot be activated

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my story, I have a 2010 Audi A4L B8 with MMI 3G, I enable and activate Bluetooth according to the instructions found in the form (change the telephone settings in hidden menu of MMI 3G, then use VAG-COM(VCDS 908) to set 5F module- adaption 10– channel 17 to 1), and it works well for several month, one day MMI 3G reset automatically(shut down suddenly and re-boot after a while), then I found Bluetooth is gone!! , there is no bluetooth icon on the bottom status bar, and I checked all the settings in MMI 3G hidden menu and the channel 17 value, looks all the things are right, however the Bluetooth cannot be enabled, even though I turn the Bluetooth from Off to ON, all the related menus are still gray and cannot be used(below picture1).
I use VCDS to scan the error code and I got following error code in
Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794
03276 - Please Check Software Version Management

Yesterday I clear the error code, however, still no luck with my bluetooth, the issue is still there and bluetooth still cannot be activated. When I press TEL button, it says,
“Bluetooth is not activated, would you like to activate it now,”(picture 2)
I press yes button, it will search for a while, around 5 second, and tell,
“no Bluetooth devices found” (picture 3)

Can anyone provide some advices? Thank you in advance.

bimmers2 03-20-2011 02:18 AM

Umm... A4L. China. Please go see the sales rep. Thanks.

audi8k 03-20-2011 05:31 AM

Perhaps you forgot to make the Bluetooth I/F visible on the phone while doing the search.

Moviela 03-20-2011 01:46 PM

I had a similar problem with my bluetooth module after a head unit change. The anti-theft system turned the module into a brick. The dealer had to hook the car up online to Germany and pinky-swear I was the car owner. Germany then flashed the head unit and the bluetooth module to work together.

epa.bronsema@gmail.com 03-21-2011 01:39 AM

Hi, just new to the forum. Hope someone can help me (although it is related to the topic not exactly the same). I have an Audi A4 with integrated bluetooth which worked fine until a week ago. I dont have MMI 3g. The icon of Bluetooth which was normally disappeared from the bottom of the screen. I have tried every button to see if there is a mention of Bluetooth somewhere, but cannot find anything. Does anyone know if it is possible to reset the system somehow? Thanks very much!

SeaBlue 03-21-2011 08:46 AM

Turn off your phone wait 30 seconds and restart. I do this when my BT doesn't connect and it fix's the connection.

NickySTHLM 06-22-2011 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by meon777 (Post 24118994)
Here is my story, I have a 2010 Audi A4L B8 with MMI 3G, I enable and activate Bluetooth according to the instructions found in the form (change the telephone settings in hidden menu of MMI 3G, then use VAG-COM(VCDS 908) to set 5F module- adaption 10– channel 17 to 1), and it works well for several month, one day MMI 3G reset automatically(shut down suddenly and re-boot after a while), then I found Bluetooth is gone!! , there is no bluetooth icon on the bottom status bar, and I checked all the settings in MMI 3G hidden menu and the channel 17 value, looks all the things are right, however the Bluetooth cannot be enabled, even though I turn the Bluetooth from Off to ON, all the related menus are still gray and cannot be used(below picture1).

Yesterday I clear the error code, however, still no luck with my bluetooth, the issue is still there and bluetooth still cannot be activated. When I press TEL button, it says,

Did you find a solution? I have the same problem...

Cylo 03-25-2019 09:49 PM

Did you get a solution to this?

Originally Posted by meon777 (Post 24118994)

Did you get a solution to this issue?

Cylo 04-10-2019 01:10 AM

Can some one please assist with the Bluetooth hidden menu codes for 2011 A4 Allroad. Maybe this way ill get to solve the bluetooth connection issue. All the other menu items under blue tooth are greyd off other than On/Off