A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5
Old 08-22-2016, 02:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B8) Specifications & General Maintenace
Print Wikipost

Aftermarket Stereo Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I know you only need the two fronts and sub speaker connections to get the full signal,but if you want to keep the original wiring to connect the other speakers by using the MS-8 built-in amplifiers, you need the pinout of those speakers if not, installation becomes a lot more complicated !

Unfortunately, JBL WEB site only lists the speaker you can use as the source for the signal...
Ahh, I see where you were going. I do noy have the pinout nor have I been able to find one, unfortunately. It might end up being a case where you have to access each speaker to see what the colors at each speaker are.

There is a guy on diymobileaudio that's already added an MS-8 to a B8 so he might know. I'll see if I can find his contact info.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Slee_Stack
IMO, the B&O is a good option to chose prior to purchase if you don't want to ever screw with the sound system.

Since you will be investing time and money after the fact, on the stock system, you may as well go aftermarket with your equipment.

The B&O is reasonably good relative to OEM stock systems in general. Decent aftermarket systems are easily better though. You will get far more bang (albeit less Olufsen) for your buck on the aftermarket.
Agreed. If S-Line didn't rope me into B&O I would have gotten it without. I knew going in it wasn't going to stay.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally..

Finally got around to book time and get car into the shop...Install hopefully done by tomorrow night, cross fingers. Ended up going with JL XD 600/6 amp, JL 10" Sub, German Maestro 65410 3 way fronts and 2way rears..wil post some initial impressions once I hear it in the car (and will do side by side comp to my friends B&O stock system, ofcourse biased by self selection
Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Soo, turned out the dash on the non B&O holds the tweeters, and the door/a pillar tweeter boxes are empty w/o wire. Further, the dash sides will have difficulty to hold anything larger than 3".

Due to this, I went for a 2 way setup front, German Maestro SV6509 combined with CS6508 rears. JL XD600/6 amp and JL 10" powerwedge for the trunk. So far so good, install is very clean and sound is lightyears better than the stock systems including B&O in my opnion. Easy to revert back once time to sell the car as it involved very limited surgery to the car at all (predominantly some of the cables in the back)

I may continue with minor upgrades yet such as trying out what happens if enabling the center and adding a more elaborate processor such as the MS-8.

For anyone considering upgrading stock system, it's definitly possible and results great.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Any pics ?

Did you fit the tweeters in the dash or are they mounted as coaxial with the woofer in the bottom of the doors ?
Old 02-14-2016, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Carl E
Finally got around to book time and get car into the shop...Install hopefully done by tomorrow night, cross fingers. Ended up going with JL XD 600/6 amp, JL 10" Sub, German Maestro 65410 3 way fronts and 2way rears..wil post some initial impressions once I hear it in the car (and will do side by side comp to my friends B&O stock system, ofcourse biased by self selection
It has been several years, just seeing how the system has held up.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Antreiben
It has been several years, just seeing how the system has held up.
To extend on that, any issues with electronics and/or issues with the system not fully turning off.

I ask because I want to install a 8-10 in sub in my a7 cubby hole. But when i asked a fairly knowledgeable aftermarket performance shop (Autoscope in Dallas,TX) they dont mess with it, as well as they did not have any body they would recommend who can do it correct. He mentioned messing with Vag-com and the codes.

Any thoughts on that?