A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Anyone else hearing a rattle in the driver's side front door?

Old 09-08-2009, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else hearing a rattle in the driver's side front door?

-
Old 09-08-2009, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, but i think it's my child seats...
Old 09-08-2009, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eman
-
Do you have the B&O and does this only happen with louder music? This is a known problem (according to A5 forums), and Audi will remove your door skin and tape the speaker wiring to keep it from buzzing against the trim.

Or are you talking about rattles without music (over bumps, etc.)?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No B&O

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
Do you have the B&O and does this only happen with louder music? This is a known problem (according to A5 forums), and Audi will remove your door skin and tape the speaker wiring to keep it from buzzing against the trim.

Or are you talking about rattles without music (over bumps, etc.)?
I don't have the B&O sound option, however, I do hear buzzing during bluetooth phone calls and some AM radio broadcasts. It sounds like a blown speaker/tweeter, however, that's another issue.

The issue I'm having is rattling in the driver's side door area while driving -- esp over bumps. I have a copy of the Bentley manual on CD which includes all current Audi TSBs, and there are several TSBs for 'noise' and 'rattling' issues. One known issue is the cover for the fuse panel. The wrench for the sunroof can vibrate and the cover itself can also vibrate causing unwanted noise. The solution is to use felt tape under the wrench and near the mounting spots on the cover. I'm going to try this tonight to see if it helps.

The Bentley manual is great, by the way. I had it for my last Audi and it proved very useful for diagnosing problems, etc.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

do you get continuous TSB updates with the bentley manual or only TSBs that are current at the time you purchase the dvd?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by userbbc
do you get continuous TSB updates with the bentley manual or only TSBs that are current at the time you purchase the dvd?
You get free updates for a year.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I get the same rattle at times
Old 09-11-2009, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

New 2010 A4 4DR. No rattle.

-- plA4keeps
Old 09-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a high pitched buzzing in my '09 right next to my head. It sounds more electronic than mechanical, maybe the window solenoid? It continues to make noise when the stereo is OFF. Is your smore of a rattle or a buzz?
Old 09-17-2009, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jd_cincy
I have a high pitched buzzing in my '09 right next to my head. It sounds more electronic than mechanical, maybe the window solenoid? It continues to make noise when the stereo is OFF. Is your smore of a rattle or a buzz?
Rattle at times, buzz from the speakers when listening to AM or on bluetooth. I did fix some of the rattle by following TSB 70-08-28 and putting felt tape on the fuse panel cover mounting brackets and on the sunroof wrench.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else hearing a rattle in the driver's side front door?