A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Anyone else praying Audi upgrades the dash on 2011 models?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Anyone else praying Audi upgrades the dash on 2011 models?

What I'd like to see across the A4/S4/A5/S5 lines is a restyled dashboard eliminating the "acres of cheap silver plastic" surrounding the instruments and replacing it with a much richer looking and feeling material. I just hate the B8's dash and might not get an Audi when current '08 lease is up because I can't stand looking at that kind of cheapness when I am driving. Worse than a Ford Focus IMHO
Old 02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't even think about it any more. Not that big a deal. Plenty of other things to focus on.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I don't even think about it any more. Not that big a deal. Plenty of other things to focus on.
Snagitseven, I just love your replies ! You are the King !
Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
What I'd like to see across the A4/S4/A5/S5 lines is a restyled dashboard eliminating the "acres of cheap silver plastic" surrounding the instruments and replacing it with a much richer looking and feeling material. I just hate the B8's dash and might not get an Audi when current '08 lease is up because I can't stand looking at that kind of cheapness when I am driving. Worse than a Ford Focus IMHO
I wasn't too hip on the dash myself when I first saw the B8's come out and I had a B7. Now that I own a B8, it has grown on me. There are some things I don't like, and I for sure don't think they took a step forward compared to previous models, but I'm not sure they exactly took a step back either. IMO, while I don't care for it as much, I do feel the overall design was actually thought about more than other vehicles. I mean honestly, comparing it to a 2010 Ford Focus interior is really pretty harsh. Ford's typically have one of the worst thought out interiors in the industry. So again, the styling of the B8 interior may not be exactly what I hoped for, but it still strikes me as being smart, sophisticated and intelligently designed. The Ford Focus interior... NO THANK YOU!!!

2010 Ford Focus

2010 Audi A4 (and this isn't even the prettiest one)
Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

yeah when i was looking at the car that was the one interior piece that made me hesitate.

i've grown to be a big time interior guy, and this is how i ended up with an audi to begin with, but that piece is kind of cheap.

overall though the interior is sitll a lot nicer than mercedes (cheap cheap hvac / radio ***** and steering wheel) and bmw (just plain terrible, and horrible radio lcd , cup holders, plastic etc) and all the japanese brands in this class (i.e. 3 series, g37, IS, c class)

the one interior that i wish audi could copy one thing from is the 370z (in my opinion the best interior at least materials wise in the nissan / infiniti lineup on the touring model)

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...s_interior.jpg

check out that picture, there is that silver piece on the gauges. granted the 370z's interior is much more "in your face" than an A4, but that piece of silver is one solid piece of aluminum. i've heard it is laser cut and it feels great.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hans007
the one interior that i wish audi could copy one thing from is the 370z (in my opinion the best interior at least materials wise in the nissan / infiniti lineup on the touring model)

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...s_interior.jpg

check out that picture, there is that silver piece on the gauges. granted the 370z's interior is much more "in your face" than an A4, but that piece of silver is one solid piece of aluminum. i've heard it is laser cut and it feels great.
Sorry, aluminum or not, that instrument panel reminds me of a flying cantaloupe melon aiming straight for my face. The A4 is far more elegant despite the plastic.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sorry, aluminum or not, that instrument panel reminds me of a flying cantaloupe melon aiming straight for my face. The A4 is far more elegant despite the plastic.
yeah i'm not talking about the styling. but if the plastic piece on our instrument cluster was one solid piece of aluminum, or hell if we could just order a piece like that, i'd like it even more.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I actually love the B8 interior and dash. It's one of the reasons I bought mine. I didn't care much for Audi's previous models.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NickZag
I actually love the B8 interior and dash. It's one of the reasons I bought mine. I didn't care much for Audi's previous models.
that's how i feel too . My order is coming in last week of april and i cant wait!!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wouldn't mind the plastic if it stopped rattling...

Quick Reply: Anyone else praying Audi upgrades the dash on 2011 models?