A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Audi b&o concert dead screen dead radio.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi b&o concert dead screen dead radio.

I have just purchased an A4 s line with b&o concert.
apparently it was working according to the dealer.
ive checked front 20 amp mmi fuse(ok) head unit fuse(ok) and rear luggage space fuse panel mmi(blown)radio tuner(blown) and reversing camera (blown) I’ve replaced all fuses but still dead.
The car was started with a booster which I’ve read a power spike can do this.I have tried pulling the 20 amp fuse for 15/20 seconds as I’ve also seen this suggested.
running out of ideas now,does anyone have any suggestions please or similar situations which may help.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dene Harris
ive checked front 20 amp mmi fuse(ok) head unit fuse(ok) and rear luggage space fuse panel mmi(blown)radio tuner(blown) and reversing camera (blown) I’ve replaced all fuses but still dead.
The car was started with a booster which I’ve read a power spike can do this.I have tried pulling the 20 amp fuse for 15/20 seconds as I’ve also seen this suggested.
running out of ideas now,does anyone have any suggestions please or similar situations which may help.
Take it back and either have the dealer fix it or get your money back on the car. How long have you had it. Did you get 30 return.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I bought the car at the right price and was aware of the mmi issue,I could take it to Audi,but would rather have the satisfaction of fixing it myself and then be able to offer help forums as well.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default None

Originally Posted by Dene Harris
Hi there, sounds like your having same problem as myself, was going to book it in with Audi but thought I'd ask if you have sorted your problem out first?
Old 03-25-2019, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The car is going in for mot Wednesday,the mechanic is going to run a diagnostic,I assume it’s a vag diagnostic,if not I have some else who has a vag diognostic,but that will have to wait as I’ll be out of the country next week,if you can wait I’ll let you know,hopefully Wednesday I may have an answer.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Let's hope it's a quick fix, this has been an ongoing problem for me for the last couple of years but has always sorted itself out within a week until about 3 months ago, didn't work for about 4 weeks. I rang Audi to book it in then started working again the next day so cancelled booking. Been working fine for about 3 weeks, had it valeted inside an out then stopped working the next day, that was 4 weeks ago, comes on briefly every so often but hasn't done that recently. Anyway hope you get sorted and would be interested in your outcome. If I find anything out in the meantime I'll let you know.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Mot done,snap on diagnostic picked up low battery errors which I was aware of as the battery was replaced when I purchased the car.
The errors were cleared apart from a communication error which hopefully I will get sorted when I see someone else with vag software.i will keep you posted.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for that. My friend at work plugged his diagnostic machine in and came up with a code 03157( Function restriction due to communication interruption ) wondered if yours is the same.