AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   Audi stopped 2012 build a month before my order was scheduled to be built (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/audi-stopped-2012-build-month-before-my-order-scheduled-built-2820503/)

KSISS 01-20-2012 11:01 AM

Audi stopped 2012 build a month before my order was scheduled to be built

I ordered a 2012 Audi A4 through Military Auto Source while I was deployed to Iraq back in November, and I just found out yesterday, that my order did not make it to build in time (I had a order number but was still waiting on a build date, with a projected delivery in April or May).

Military Auto Source is offering me the 2013 model at the same price as my 2012. My 2012 was a Ibis White premium plus w/ Nav, Sport pkg, Advanced key and wood inlays for $40,900. So now I have the option to get a 2013 at the same price or get my deposit back and cancel.

Some of my concerns are that I'm still undecided about the way the 2013 looks. In some pictures and videos it looks bleh, and in others it looks pretty nice. But, I don't have that "love at first sight" that I had with the 2009-2012 model. I am also worried about getting shorted by new package options. For example, the 2012 premium plus comes with the S-line appearance package, so now will the 2013 eliminate that feature from the premium plus trim so that I get an even more "vanilla" model than what I ordered? I'm sure my sport package option will cover the 18" wheels that are standard on the current premium plus, so hopefully I don't have to worry about getting stuck with 17s.

I do like the interior improvements sans the circular steering wheel, and more refined MMI Nav, so that would be a plus for me. What do you guys think I should do at this point? Any opinions on what we know about the 2013 model? And when do you think the option packages and pricing will be available to the US?

Oh, and also this will kick my expected delivery to October so that sucks, since it's just about a year since my initial order.

uberwgn 01-20-2012 11:10 AM

You can look at cars.com and there are MANY Ibis White A4 cars sitting in dealer lots around the country looking for a new home. I suspect the config you seek is sitting on a dealer lot now. Did anyone look for you?

Welcome aboard. Kiss !

KSISS 01-20-2012 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by uberwgn (Post 24251222)
You can look at cars.com and there are MANY Ibis White A4 cars sitting in dealer lots around the country looking for a new home. I suspect the config you seek is sitting on a dealer lot now. Did anyone look for you?

Welcome aboard. Kiss !

Thanks uberwgn. I was thinking about looking around, but I'm worried that I could be walking away from a great deal on the newest model (depending on what their options packages look like this year), and I'm also stationed in Hawaii, so I am very limited locally, and will probably be paying an "ALOHA" mark up price on a car out here. The MAS program offers no hassle discounts so I don't have to worry about that Hawaii premium. So I want to be careful about not walking away from this too soon.

uberwgn 01-20-2012 11:39 AM

Ohhh, didn't know the part about your location. That doesn't help.

Yeah, it sounds like you got a great deal on the 2012 car.

Stevial 01-20-2012 11:46 AM

Take the Deal

Originally Posted by KSISS (Post 24251230)
Thanks uberwgn. I was thinking about looking around, but I'm worried that I could be walking away from a great deal on the newest model (depending on what their options packages look like this year), and I'm also stationed in Hawaii, so I am very limited locally, and will probably be paying an "ALOHA" mark up price on a car out here. The MAS program offers no hassle discounts so I don't have to worry about that Hawaii premium. So I want to be careful about not walking away from this too soon.

Take the deal for 2013. Audi's photograph very badly, i don't know why they just do.

1) you are getting a 2013 Car for the price of 2012, they usual make you pay to be the first kid on the block

2) Better Technology, i love the updated interior, and you might be able to add on some extras at no cost.

3) Eventually the new look will grow on and you will be happy

4) Those new Led Daytime running lights are killer, i saw them on the new A6. You can't go wrong, take the deal bro.

ezveedub 01-20-2012 02:27 PM

Not sure where there ordering the cars from, but in the US, the MY12 A4s are still in the ordering system. MY13 has not shown up yet for ordering. They usually cut off same MY orders around April, not now.

jperryrocks 01-20-2012 02:58 PM

Audi announced the 2012 A4/A5/S5/S4 and Avant are no longer avialable for order.

They usually make the current model year until March. April Allocation for July delivery is next model year cars.

But with the re-fresh, the factory tools up earlier and they build out the old parts.

The 2013's usually aren't in the system this early, but all the colors and options are in there for 2013 A4/A5. So you're wrong about that.

av_audi 01-20-2012 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by ezveedub (Post 24251303)
Not sure where there ordering the cars from, but in the US, the MY12 A4s are still in the ordering system. MY13 has not shown up yet for ordering. They usually cut off same MY orders around April, not now.

If you go to the Audi Germany site, the refreshed model is already what they are showing on their site.

ezveedub 01-20-2012 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by jperryrocks (Post 24251316)
Audi announced the 2012 A4/A5/S5/S4 and Avant are no longer avialable for order.

They usually make the current model year until March. April Allocation for July delivery is next model year cars.

But with the re-fresh, the factory tools up earlier and they build out the old parts.

The 2013's usually aren't in the system this early, but all the colors and options are in there for 2013 A4/A5. So you're wrong about that.

Did they just change it this week? I went through the ordering list last week and only saw A4 Avants can no longer be order as of April, since the Allroad is replacing it.

ezveedub 01-20-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by av_audi (Post 24251337)
If you go to the Audi Germany site, the refreshed model is already what they are showing on their site.

Germany/EU models always release earlier than the US versions.