A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Check Oil Level Warning - 09 Audi A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gilee_8
Happy New Year everyone.
I been having this problem for about 3 months now, and I am really not sure why, hope someone can help me out here.
Thanks in advance!

This is what happened, I been getting the "Switch off engine and check oil level" red warning every time when my car is cold. And the symtoms is like this: It only appears for 5 seconds or so, and have 3 loud beeps, and it happens whenever my car is completely cold, then I start and drive the car (still all good) until I fully stop the car, then within 1/2 second, this warning will pops up. and the warning only last for about 5 second... either 5 seconds or when I move the car again, the warning goes away. if I fully stop again, and the warning will pops up again and repeats. but once the car starts to warm up (no need to fully warm up) I won't get this message anymore. I checked the engine oil and it is full as well, and I know the Oil Level is not STUCK at full, because it will go down over time (A4 oil consumption problem) So can anyone chip in any ideas?

I included 2 pictures below,
https://goo.gl/photos/fCagge4BHwP7PhCB6
https://goo.gl/photos/RVnKSVHnBUvFuDhHA

I am wondering if it is the oil pump? or the oil sensor at the bottom of the oil pan?
Thank you so much everyone!
Hi Gilee i am have a similar problem, did you ever figure out what was the issue. Some insight would be much appreciated.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

FYI: https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...it-settlement/

I had the exact same issue; might want to talk to Audi of America as well..
The following users liked this post:
Drod13 (09-20-2021)
Old 04-22-2017, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i fixed it, was a joke..... the previous dude changed the oil pressure switch sensor so i never thought of it as an issue. but i think he used the wrong one. theres two sensors on the car right beside the oil filter and below the oil filter - changed both never had the warning again. I checked the part number of the new one he changed- wrong part.. alot of part places list it as a compatible part but it is not... the pressure switch is off by .5

change the blue and brown switch. car runs like a champ
Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue with my a3. Switch off engine check oil level

Hey Andliu, would you be able to tell me where you got those switches? Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I know I’m late but I just recently had this problem

Originally Posted by gilee_8
Happy New Year everyone.
I been having this problem for about 3 months now, and I am really not sure why, hope someone can help me out here.
Thanks in advance!

This is what happened, I been getting the "Switch off engine and check oil level" red warning every time when my car is cold. And the symtoms is like this: It only appears for 5 seconds or so, and have 3 loud beeps, and it happens whenever my car is completely cold, then I start and drive the car (still all good) until I fully stop the car, then within 1/2 second, this warning will pops up. and the warning only last for about 5 second... either 5 seconds or when I move the car again, the warning goes away. if I fully stop again, and the warning will pops up again and repeats. but once the car starts to warm up (no need to fully warm up) I won't get this message anymore. I checked the engine oil and it is full as well, and I know the Oil Level is not STUCK at full, because it will go down over time (A4 oil consumption problem) So can anyone chip in any ideas?

I included 2 pictures below,
https://goo.gl/photos/fCagge4BHwP7PhCB6
https://goo.gl/photos/RVnKSVHnBUvFuDhHA

I am wondering if it is the oil pump? or the oil sensor at the bottom of the oil pan?
Thank you so much everyone!

i took it to the mechanic who I bought the car with and he had a scanner to read the codes. He first replaced one (lower) oil pressure switch (didn’t fix the problem) and later he replaced the other oil pressure switch(high). The car hasn’t had that problem so far!
Old 05-31-2019, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Quick question?

Originally Posted by andliu
i fixed it, was a joke..... the previous dude changed the oil pressure switch sensor so i never thought of it as an issue. but i think he used the wrong one. theres two sensors on the car right beside the oil filter and below the oil filter - changed both never had the warning again. I checked the part number of the new one he changed- wrong part.. alot of part places list it as a compatible part but it is not... the pressure switch is off by .5

I recently just bought an 2006 Audi A4. It’s having an issue with the oil pressure light. I’ve looked into it and I’m seeing a lot of people saying dropping the pan and cleaning the pickup and at least checking out inside situation, also I’m seeing first thing should be the switch. Now I saw u said there’s two pressure switches? I haven’t gotten a chance to even start looking or pullin anything apart yet but I noticed what appears to be a leak around tha oil filter housing area so I’m thinking I replace the whole thing and gasket along with cooler and gasket just Incase but I have t been able to get a look at the situation due to it being so tight in there. Anyway someone said something about a valve or something that could get stuck open in that housing? Is that something anyone else has heard of? And also where exactly are theses switches located? Has anyone actually had the pump be bad and had to change that and done it thereself? Also I saw something about there being a way to switch to a 1.8 oil pump in the 2.0 fsi? I would imagine it’s more than jus replacing the pump with a 1.8 as I think there is some rod or something in there that would maybe be in the way and other thing. Anyone’s help on this oil pressure situation, which I now see is way more common then one would imagine, but anyway I want to check the switch first obviously but want to replace the housing and all that regardless of if the switch fixes the light because there’s a leak there somewhere regardless if that’s big enuff to cause low pressure. Thanks ahead of time for any help
Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GHOST.45693
I recently just bought an 2006 Audi A4. It’s having an issue with the oil pressure light.
Ghost,

the '06 A4 is a B7, not a B8, and the engines, while both 2.0T are very different. The B6 and B7's had issues with the oil pick up tube and sludge build up clogging the pick up. There's a fine screen at the bottom of the pick up. very common problem, I helped 2 guys change them in my garage 8-10 years ago. I have a lift making it a little easier, the job itself isn't bad, it's getting the oil pan out that takes some time becuase of all the other stuff under there. If you're handy it's a 1/4 day job to change a $80 part. I'm not saying that's for sure what it is, but if I was a betting man that's my bet

Old 03-05-2021, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by andliu

what are the part number
Old 03-05-2021, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,864 Likes on 1,584 Posts

brown - 038 919 081 K
blue - 06K 919 081
Old 09-09-2021, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
If you look in the OM it tells you to use only approved VW 502 spec. oil. I would start with the Audi recommended 5W-40. If you still have the problem then I would have someone check the oil pressure.
hey did you ever get this issue fixed? Cause I’m having the same problem

Quick Reply: Check Oil Level Warning - 09 Audi A4 2.0T