A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Which Color?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Color?

So ok, this is a lame question, but I cannot decide on what color to get for my 2014 A4. The two I like best (but don't really like much at all) are Monsoon Grey and Ice Silver. Both look pretty bland to me. I've had Audis since 1988 and this is the first time I've been really stumped.

I've had silver in the past but the Ice Silver looks dead to me. Monsoon looks lifeless. I currently have Quartz gray (?) and love it, but it's time to return it for a new lease.

Black and white are out due to upkeep issues. The other colors leave me flat. Truthfully, I can't really see the colors too well at the dealership, so that could be a factor. But having researched online, they both look dead to me.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks-
Old 09-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TerryM2442
So ok, this is a lame question, but I cannot decide on what color to get for my 2014 A4. The two I like best (but don't really like much at all) are Monsoon Grey and Ice Silver. Both look pretty bland to me. I've had Audis since 1988 and this is the first time I've been really stumped.

I've had silver in the past but the Ice Silver looks dead to me. Monsoon looks lifeless. I currently have Quartz gray (?) and love it, but it's time to return it for a new lease.

Black and white are out due to upkeep issues. The other colors leave me flat. Truthfully, I can't really see the colors too well at the dealership, so that could be a factor. But having researched online, they both look dead to me.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks-
I feel your dilema.. plus the colors you mentioned are very common colors. Go with the scuba blue. I chose volcano red for my 2014 a4
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have ice silver and a guy at work has monsoon and we park next to each other. I know what you mean about being fed up with ice silver. This is my second silver car. I have also had two red ones, one maroon, one dark grey, and I have a white loaner for my wife right now. As much as I'm bored of the silver, it always looks better next to the others. I'm constantly tempted to get another red car, but as most colors red looks great only when it's freshly waxed. That's the thing about silver - it beats every other color a week after a good wash.

Monsoon is very dull, plus being dark, it loses the contrast the dark grille, the fog light surrounds, and the rear valance are supposed to produce.

Last edited by gunsmoker; 09-08-2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dynasty0002
I feel your dilemma.. plus the colors you mentioned are very common colors. Go with the scuba blue. I chose volcano red for my 2014 a4

I considered volcano red too, but my sales person said the trade-in value of the volcano red would be thousands less than monsoon gray, which I eventually picked.

I had silver before and I think monsoon gray looks a lot better.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm sort of leaning towards ice silver, though even that looks dull next to the "old" silver I had years ago that really sparkled. But your points are well taken. Why doesn't Audi make new, better colors??

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
I have ice silver and a guy at work has monsoon and we park next to each other. I know what you mean about being fed up with ice silver. This is my second silver car. I have also had two red ones, one maroon, one dark grey, and I have a white loaner for my wife right now. As much as I'm bored of the silver, it always looks better next to the others. I'm constantly tempted to get another red car, but as most colors red looks great only when it's freshly waxed. That's the thing about silver - it beats every other color a week after a good wash.

Monsoon is very dull, plus being dark, it loses the contrast the dark grille, the fog light surrounds, and the rear valance are supposed to produce.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Tell me, if you don't mind, why you like monsoon over gray? This is driving me crazy.

Originally Posted by hanma
I considered volcano red too, but my sales person said the trade-in value of the volcano red would be thousands less than monsoon gray, which I eventually picked.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TerryM2442
I'm sort of leaning towards ice silver, though even that looks dull next to the "old" silver I had years ago that really sparkled. But your points are well taken. Why doesn't Audi make new, better colors??
audi does offer other colors ... at a $2000 premium.
i suppose your old silver has been a pearl. this is a metalic. the pearls are nice and sparkly, but the color depends on the angle somewhat and it can be off sometime. my maroon car had an orange tinge from an angle.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hanma

volcano red any time over monsoon. my friend who got the monsoon had the previous gen middle acura in a similar dark gray. that was a good color. had depth. monsoon is one step above sh*tty brown in my chart.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're probably right. This was years ago and that silver looked great. I don't want to spend 2K on a color, and I'm still not sure which way to go with this. I know I don't like Audi red- it's not quite a fire engine red that I DO like. Decisions, decisions!

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
audi does offer other colors ... at a $2000 premium.
i suppose your old silver has been a pearl. this is a metalic. the pearls are nice and sparkly, but the color depends on the angle somewhat and it can be off sometime. my maroon car had an orange tinge from an angle.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did see the scuba blue but it just doesn't grab me. Ugh, I hate this.

Originally Posted by dynasty0002
I feel your dilemma.. plus the colors you mentioned are very common colors. Go with the scuba blue. I chose volcano red for my 2014 a4

Quick Reply: Which Color?