AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   Completed consumption test question (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/completed-consumption-test-question-2955005/)

timmytimftw 08-06-2018 06:54 AM

Completed consumption test question

I'm bringing my 2010 A5 in for the part 2 next week. I was just wondering how your car is running now that you've had some time to drive around after your car went in. I see a lot of questions about how to get through the process but no follow up. Did you get any performance improvements?

treilley 08-07-2018 03:03 AM

My 2010 A4 is 60k mi. from having the stage 2 done. I add zero oil between 5k oil change. Down maybe halfway on display.

I also run an APR stage 1 tune. I drive mostly highway and get 35mpg in the summer. Car drives like new.

jagtoes 08-07-2018 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by treilley (Post 25191679)
My 2010 A4 is 60k mi. from having the stage 2 done. I add zero oil between 5k oil change. Down maybe halfway on display.

I also run an APR stage 1 tune. I drive mostly highway and get 35mpg in the summer. Car drives like new.

Seems like you are still burning oil. You didn't add oil because you didn't want to. The oil e-dipstick is not like a gas gauge it should read full all of the time. Good luck as it will get worse. At 5000 miles it should still read full.

treilley 08-09-2018 03:06 AM

Actually, Jagtoes, I confirm the half quart on my dipstick. And after 60kmi I am completely satisfied with half a quart in 5k. And that ius the worst I have seen on this engine. Sometimes not that much.

jagtoes 08-09-2018 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by treilley (Post 25192854)
Actually, Jagtoes, I confirm the half quart on my dipstick. And after 60kmi I am completely satisfied with half a quart in 5k. And that ius the worst I have seen on this engine. Sometimes not that much.

Knowing that there is nothing you can do about it , it is interesting that you drank the Audi cool aid . If you're happy then Audi is happy knowing their marketing has manipulated another customer to accept their design problem. Enjoy the ride.

sasikals26 08-09-2018 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 25192885)
Knowing that there is nothing you can do about it , it is interesting that you drank the Audi cool aid . If you're happy then Audi is happy knowing their marketing has manipulated another customer to accept their design problem. Enjoy the ride.

Actually, we have to accept this due to constrain.
I have Audi a4 b8 2008 model with 155K KM(96 K miles). Just bought it few months back and after my first oil change, I am really getting frustrated by noticing the oil level on MMI level gauge. So far, it burnt half level(4/8) for 2000 KM(1242 Miles) and i have no idea whether previous owner worked anything for this consumption. So finally convincing myself to use it for next couple of years and trade it.

Just Keeping my eyes on it, if it get more worse then will ready to trade it anytime :-(

treilley 08-10-2018 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes (Post 25192885)

Whatever dude. If that is you biggest problem in life you got it made.

True, there is nothing I can do about it which is exactly the reason I don't bother myself with it. I tend to live my life that way.

jagtoes 08-10-2018 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by treilley (Post 25193455)
Whatever dude. If that is you biggest problem in life you got it made.

True, there is nothing I can do about it which is exactly the reason I don't bother myself with it. I tend to live my life that way.

Thanks for your comments bro. Enjoy your ride .