A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

engine restorer and lubrican

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aladin
whata hell is snake oil
Look it up on the net.
The following users liked this post:
Badbowtie67 (07-26-2021)
Old 07-06-2018, 09:24 PM
r0n
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the 2 doubters didn't watch the videos. I don't blame some people for doubting because their minds are set. Maybe from past experiences? Technology has changed a lot from the past. These days you never know. Draining the oil then putting water in place of the oil and running it for an hour with no damage using the motorkote convinced me. Now that's proper testing and its a youtuber not the manufacture. No oil in the engine wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Yesterday I found a old post in the vw forums with the older FSI engines that said it made a noticeable difference with less oil consumption. The user started using it 176k and reported it was still working good at 220k. After that report another person from the forum tried and thanked him because of the results on his car.

I haven't tried the engine restore because I'm not sure if it help because the problem with the rings. I might try to see if it reduce the oil consumption?

BTW. There's no test with snake oil on tube. It likely didn't work. Cant same say the same for engine restore which has a lot of videos.

I did buy the motorkote and I'm going to try it my BMW motorcycle tomorrow with my oil change. I always hear the valves slapping for a couple of seconds on the first start up after an oil change. I wont find out until the following oil change which should be in 3-4 weeks. My computer is 107 miles round trip and I only commute on my bike which is why the oil change is 3-4 weeks out.
Old 07-07-2018, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by r0n
I guess the 2 doubters didn't watch the videos. I don't blame some people for doubting because their minds are set. Maybe from past experiences? Technology has changed a lot from the past. These days you never know. Draining the oil then putting water in place of the oil and running it for an hour with no damage using the motorkote convinced me. Now that's proper testing and its a youtuber not the manufacture. No oil in the engine wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Yesterday I found a old post in the vw forums with the older FSI engines that said it made a noticeable difference with less oil consumption. The user started using it 176k and reported it was still working good at 220k. After that report another person from the forum tried and thanked him because of the results on his car.

I haven't tried the engine restore because I'm not sure if it help because the problem with the rings. I might try to see if it reduce the oil consumption?

BTW. There's no test with snake oil on tube. It likely didn't work. Cant same say the same for engine restore which has a lot of videos.

I did buy the motorkote and I'm going to try it my BMW motorcycle tomorrow with my oil change. I always hear the valves slapping for a couple of seconds on the first start up after an oil change. I wont find out until the following oil change which should be in 3-4 weeks. My computer is 107 miles round trip and I only commute on my bike which is why the oil change is 3-4 weeks out.
Congratulations you have won the cool aid award . These companies are happy to take your money and if you are happy with their findings then go for it. Also you need to understand that there isn't a product called snake oil it is a description of something being sold as a product that can cure all problems. Look up snake oil on the web after all everything on the web is true. I assume you get your news from facebook so no one would lie about anything. Good luck and enjoy your snake oil.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:45 AM
r0n
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Congratulations you have won the cool aid award . These companies are happy to take your money and if you are happy with their findings then go for it. Also you need to understand that there isn't a product called snake oil it is a description of something being sold as a product that can cure all problems. Look up snake oil on the web after all everything on the web is true. I assume you get your news from facebook so no one would lie about anything. Good luck and enjoy your snake oil.
LOL no wonder I couldn't find snake oil. I don't do facebook and i only watch news for the weather and sports. You shouldn't be calling stuff fake with proper research. If you would've watch the video and his other videos you would have known he wasn't paid to do this. He test whatever a lot of people tells him to try or if it sounds interesting. He has tested so many different products and different things like will an engine run on gas fumes? Can an engine run on denatured alcohol? Can you run an engine with just octane booster. Can jb weld hold up to repair a piston? Which electrical tape works the best? Just a bunch of random interesting test.

Anyway it sounds like you have your standards and set in your ways. Just by your response I know you didn't watch the videos. Just stop being negative.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by r0n
LOL no wonder I couldn't find snake oil. I don't do facebook and i only watch news for the weather and sports. You shouldn't be calling stuff fake with proper research. If you would've watch the video and his other videos you would have known he wasn't paid to do this. He test whatever a lot of people tells him to try or if it sounds interesting. He has tested so many different products and different things like will an engine run on gas fumes? Can an engine run on denatured alcohol? Can you run an engine with just octane booster. Can jb weld hold up to repair a piston? Which electrical tape works the best? Just a bunch of random interesting test.

Anyway it sounds like you have your standards and set in your ways. Just by your response I know you didn't watch the videos. Just stop being negative.
I watched the videos and thought they were amusing. It was reminiscence of the old STP marketing which was also another snake oil sales. If you believe in what he says then go for it. Ponder this if you will if all of this snake oil does what it says it does then why didn't Audi just give all of their owners a couple of bottles and let them be on their way with the oil consumption solved. Why did they spend so much money to replace the pistons and rings. Watching a video does not meet the crietra of "trust but verify" Hey so enjoy the kool aid.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s a private you tube channel that isn’t sponsored or paid for. It’s funny that people don’t even want to listen to other people’s ideas because they are so set in their ways. It’s sad. Just because you don’t understand how something works you can’t dismiss it as snake oil or magic. Lol. I’ve used engine restore in many of engines over the last 10+ years and done compression tests before and after and it DOES work to restore compression. I’ve had old motorcycles that blow a lot of blue smoke and burn oil and engine restore pretty much stops the smoking and oil consumption. YES it is a bandaid and not a repair but it works if your engine is worn out and gives you a bit more life. If you don’t want to believe it then that’s up to you. Yes most engine additives are useless but engine restore is one that actually does make a difference in an older engines. If the cylinder wall damage is excessive then of course nothing will fix it.
Old 03-05-2023, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I watched the videos and thought they were amusing. It was reminiscence of the old STP marketing which was also another snake oil sales. If you believe in what he says then go for it. Ponder this if you will if all of this snake oil does what it says it does then why didn't Audi just give all of their owners a couple of bottles and let them be on their way with the oil consumption solved. Why did they spend so much money to replace the pistons and rings. Watching a video does not meet the crietra of "trust but verify" Hey so enjoy the kool aid.
I legit made an account just to reply to this. Unfortunately I’m working on an audi with blow by and the customer wants to try a cheap fix.

I have to say I’ve been in communication with the owner of the project farm youtube channel many times. He is not sponsored and is in fact a hell of alot smarter than anyone in this forum. I’ve used various “snake oil products” that have saved my *** when I’m in the middle of nowhere. Diesel 911 has saved me probably 20 times. Lucus transmission fix has saved me. I’ve also used about 4 different projects that gave me higher compression and massively reduced blow by. Not every product is a lie/scam. A smart human can identify what works and what doesn’t instead of rejecting everything as some sort of conspiracy.
Old 03-06-2023, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by audisaretrash
I legit made an account just to reply to this. Unfortunately I’m working on an audi with blow by and the customer wants to try a cheap fix.

I have to say I’ve been in communication with the owner of the project farm youtube channel many times. He is not sponsored and is in fact a hell of alot smarter than anyone in this forum. I’ve used various “snake oil products” that have saved my *** when I’m in the middle of nowhere. Diesel 911 has saved me probably 20 times. Lucus transmission fix has saved me. I’ve also used about 4 different projects that gave me higher compression and massively reduced blow by. Not every product is a lie/scam. A smart human can identify what works and what doesn’t instead of rejecting everything as some sort of conspiracy.

Well it is not a stretch to see anyone who posts as " audis are trash" is not an unbiased observer so you already killed your credibility in your first post. But i can tell you there is no additive that will resolve the defective low tension rings in the Audi E888 engine. It requires replacement pistons and rings and additives will not resolve it.