A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

.:Eurocode Tuning:. Memorial Day Sale (5-26 thru 5-29 2012) B8 A4, A5, S4, S5 and Q5

Old 05-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .:Eurocode Tuning:. Memorial Day Sale (5-26 thru 5-29 2012) B8 A4, A5, S4, S5 and Q5

The team at Eurocode are offering the following items on sale for the Memorial Day Weekend

B8 A4/A5 and Q5 2.0TFSI Front Mount Intercooler Kit

Retail $1495.00, Sale Pricing $1196.00 (20% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1990

Our FMIC kit features the following:

• 22" x 11" x 3" high density bar and plate core
• CAD designed cast aluminum endtanks, with directional vanes on the hotside to reduce turbulence
• CNC machined, billet aluminum support bracket, engraved with our logo
• CNC machined, billet aluminum 2.5” turbo outlet adapter
• Mandrel bent, 2.5” aluminum hard piping from turbo outlet, to core and from core to throttle body
• CNC machined, billet aluminum MAP sensor bung
• 5 ply silicone couplers (six provided)
• 316 stainless steel t-bolt clamps (twelve provided)
• 316 stainless steel installation hardware (all inclusive)
• Plumbing available in Mirror Polished or Powder coated black

Both form and function are equally important to the team at Eurocode, because of this; we set out to build the most beautiful and top performing kit on the market. Computer aided design (CAD) and Stereolithography (SLA) was used throughout our modeling process. Computational fluid dynamic (CFD) software provided us with the calculations to develop a cast aluminum endtank that is so efficient, the pressure drop and turbulence are among the most minimal we have seen. This efficiency has proven to reduce air intake temperatures (IATs) by as much as 35% in repeated full load runs. Reduction of IATs is crucial to performance of turbocharged engines; we have seen horsepower recovery in excess of 20WHP due to heat soak with APR stage II programming. Temperature recovery of our FMIC is incredible as well, allowing for stable IAT’s during multiple full load pulls.

The team at Eurocode found that the tiny 2” cast aluminum turbo outlet flange was a huge restriction to turbo output as well as spool time, because of this; we are including a 2.5” (over 60% larger) CNC machined billet aluminum outlet adapter. This adapter provides a smooth transition to our 2.5” mandrel bent aluminum hard piping.

Aesthetical highlights of our FMIC kit are the gorgeous CNC machined, billet aluminum support bracket, which allows the core to be suspended in free air from the factory crash bar. The brace is attached with rubber well nuts that provide both ease of installation and vibration dampening. Our 26” wide core (endtank to endtank) fills if the entire lower portion of the grill. Installation is a breeze with absolutely no cutting, trimming or welding.

Below you will find the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) changes during 5 consecutive 0-100mph runs. The car was tested with the stock intercooler - the only change was the EuroCode FMIC. As you can see in the graph labeled "Run 5", there is a difference of 38° Fahrenheit at the top of the run. All runs using the EuroCode FMIC display a consistent temperature behavior, while the OEM unit continues to climb through the roof. The highest temperature experienced during our torture test with the Eurocode was only 86°F vs the OEM unit which reached an astonishing 124°F.

Run 1 through 4 (0-100mph)

Run 5 (0-100mph)

Dyno data using a dynapack hub dyno, APR Stage 2+ on 91oct fuel (EuroCode HFC, EuroCode Cat-Back 3", Carbonio Intake & stock intercooler) vs. the addition of a EuroCode FMIC to the modification list. Power shift to the left shows the efficiency of the turbo outlet adapter & the deletion of the factory sound box. The dyno charts also reveal the increase in HP and TQ output to the wheels throughout the power band. These goes hand in hand with the graphs above of the intake temperature showing stock intercooler vs. EuroCode Tuning FMIC.

Product Images

B8 A4/A5 & S4/S5 άberlegenes Stabilisatoren System (άSS) Stabilizer Bar Set

Retail $549.00, Sale Pricing $466.65 (15% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2050

Eurocode’s άSS includes four key components which work together to mitigate the body roll that is induced by cornering or road irregularities.

Composed of front and rear lightweight tubular adjustable anti-roll bars and adjustable billet aluminum drop links with spherical joints, Eurocode’s άSS system is the most comprehensive released to date.

Eurocode’s άSS front stabilizer bar measures in at 32mm and has two adjustment settings which allow a 30% reduction of full stiffness. Eurocode’s άSS rear stabilizer bar measures in at 25.5mm and has two adjustment settings which allow a 30% reduction of full stiffness.

The body of Eurocode’s άSS front adjustable end link is T7 billet aluminum with a clear type III hard anodize finish, laser engraved with Eurocode’s logo and features a threaded body to house the heim joints. The heim joints feature both left and right hand threads for ease of adjustability while on the car. Adjustability range is 155mm to 195mm. The body of Eurocode’s άSS rear endlink is T7 billet aluminum with a clear type III hard anodize finish, laser engraved with Eurocode’s logo. Eurocode’s άSS rear end link contains a pair of replaceable spherical bearings with Teflon coated bearing races.

Nearly 18 months of research and design went into development and testing of Eurocode’s άSS stabilizer system. “Our goal was to create the finest stabilizer system on the market for the B8 chassis Audi, to accomplish this, we have integrated both front and rear adjustability with our άSS sway bars”, said Eurocode principal David Sarabi. “Our άSS adjustable end links will allow you to tune your suspension, reduce the flex and fatigue that is prone with the factory rubber end links. The links also increase the effectiveness of the άSS sway bar and allow for the corner balancing of the suspension.”

Attention to detail is what sets the άSS apart from other kits on the market, Eurocode even includes new OEM replacement hardware with all άSS components as the factory hardware is should always be replaced according to the Audi Factory Service Manual.

The άberlegenes Stabilisatoren System is composed of the following components:
  • (1) άSS 32mm front stabilizer bar with two adjustment settings (full stiffens or a 30% reduction)
  • (1) άSS 25.5mm Rear stabilizer bar with two adjustment settings (full stiffens or a 30% reduction)
  • (4) άSS polyurethane bushings (2 front, 2 rear)
  • (2) Packets of silicone bushing lubricant
  • (1) Complete set of OEM Audi front installation hardware
  • (1) Complete set or OEM Audi rear instillation hardware
  • (2) άSS billet Aluminum adjustable front spherical end links (optional)
  • (2) άSS billet Aluminum rear spherical end links (optional)

Customer Testimonials

Click HERE for customer review #1

Click HERE for customer review #2

Click HERE for customer review #3

Click HERE for customer review #4

Click HERE for customer review #5

Click HERE for customer review #6

Click HERE for customer review #7

άSS Billet Aluminum Adjustable Front End Link

Retail $199.00, Sale Pricing $179.10 (10% off) Follow this link to purchase:http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2048

άSS Billet Aluminum Rear End Link

Retail $193.00, Sale Pricing $173.70 (10% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2049

Alu Kreuz Drivetain Stabilizer

Retail $399.00, Sale Pricing $379.05 (5% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1994

Our Alu Kreuz replaces the factory multi piece drive train stabilizer with one solid, lightweight structural member to further stiffen the chassis and prevent unwanted suspension deflection. All 6 mounting points are secured to one single plane; the net result is sharper steering with a reduction in chassis flex.

Who would benefit from the addition of the Alu Kreuz? We feel that if you enjoy spirited driving, like to take the on ramps and off ramps of the highway a little quicker than you peers, enjoy a nice drive through the canyons (twisties), the occasional track day or high performance driving class or just want to run your car ***** out on the road course, the Alu Kreuz is perfect for you.

During our testing of the B8 chassis cars which are comprised of the Audi A4, S4, A5, S5 and Q5, we found that there was quite a bit of torsional flex coming from the factory subframe/engine carrier. This torsional flex produced what we felt to be incorrect steering sensitivity and response in all aspects of driving. To combat this unwanted characteristic, we did a thorough examination of the front suspension, chassis unibody, and the engine carrier/subframe. Our conclusion was that the OEM hollow steel drivetrain stabilizer underperformed.

The team at Eurocode set out to combat this torsional flex and decided to redesign the drivetrain stabilizer. Our first step was to analyze the material that the factory stabilizer was made up of and then create a load case scenario in which to test it under. We sent out a sample for materials testing and found the factory stabilizer to be made up of carbon steel with a density of 0.284 lb/in3, predominately hollow and stamped into shape. The OEM stabilizer is made up of nine separate pieces, and they are all welded together to form one single unit. Once all of this data was collected and loaded, our team set out with the goal of improving chassis rigidity and weight reduction. Our team found that a replacement stabilizer manufactured out of billet aluminum would accomplish our goals, so the next step was the design process.

Our design process went through several revisions, with each version being loaded into computer modeling to test how it would stack up against the inferior OEM product; these revisions were also built and tested not only on the road, but as well as on a closed course with the feedback provided by a professional driver to the design engineers.

The finished product, which we dub “Alu Kreuz”, is incredible. It features a one piece, billet T7 aircraft aluminum construction, type III hard anodized coating, and all necessary provisions to attach the OEM sound deadeners. It requires zero modification to the vehicle, and works perfectly with the OEM power steering cooler. The Alu Kreuz is also nearly two pounds lighter than the OEM brace and greatly improves chassis torsional rigidity. It looks amazing as well.

Independent analysis was performed on the product and the conclusions were that in each of the pre set load case scenarios, the Alu Kreuz deflected less than the OEM stabilizer, carries less stress for a given applied load and the fatigue life of the product is greater than OEM.

*Does not fit right hand drive cars

Customer Reviews!!

Originally Posted by mikejsully
After much anticipation I was able to get the Alu Kreuz installed on Thursday. Right out of the box you the piece feels solid and rigid, it is not until you compare the factory part to this that you really understand how much Audi skimped on bolstering the subframe in this car.

Install was easy, since the install manual was not complete when these shipped I emailed Eurocode for torque specs and they promptly replied. This is my first interaction with them and I am very impressed with the customer service they have provided so far. OK Back to the install... Once the car is up on stands and the belly pan was removed it only took 10 minutes to swap the parts. very straight forward! just watch out for the power steering line that is attached to the brace... you do not wan to rip that sucker off. Overall the hardest part of the install is mounting the belly pan back to the Alu Kreuz. The provided machine screws are almost too short and it makes finding the holes difficult. Had I been using a lift this may not have been an issue.

Driving impressions - I felt an immediate improvement in how the front end behaved. At times I felt the car (stock) was a bit mushy(sorry for the vague description, but it is the only word that suited my feelings) up front, especially in slow to medium speed turns. Almost felt like the outside wheel wanted to lean over. That feeling is all but gone now. I have to admit, I also had the thought "I just paid good money so there needs to be a tangible result... it is not just my mind I swear" but after a back to back drive in a relatives S5 (which stock feels a little more solid than the stock S4) I could really notice the difference. Very happy with the result, turn in is crisper and the mushy front end is banned. Not sure if this is just me but my car also seems to track better as well.

For such a simple solution that will never be seen this is a beautiful piece to look at, if only I was under the car more to admire it! at least it is safe under the belly pan. The stock piece is a joke in comparison. Almost looks and feels like an afterthought. A sad sign of a company known for over engineering their products moving to cost cutting measures in the wrong areas.

If you just commute in your car or never drive in a spirited manner (not sure why you would buy a car like this if so) then this would be a waste of money. The S4 is a fine handling car out of the box, but this just pins the front end down so you can enjoy it even more. At the group buy price this part was a steal, after driving around in it for a few days I can say I would gladly have paid the full price plus shipping.

Thank you Greg at Eurocode for the quick responses and help with the torque specs. Cannot wait to give you more of my money... if only I could justify the headers. How about an APR Pulley and install Kit once you get some in stock?

Mike
Originally Posted by jimmyrecluse
I've got this. It's awesome as ****. Looks hot too.
Originally Posted by rugbylion
I had this installed yesterday and it makes a very noticeable difference in handling and I am very pleased with this mod. The car just seems to be even more capable of tackling low and high speed turns with ease. I couldn't believe the stock part compared to Eurocode's Alu Kreuz Stabilizer. The stock part looked like a skinny pretzel.
As always, David and Greg rolled out the carpet for their customers and I was also invited to drive David's Sprint Blue Beast. What they have done to this car is incredible! I'll be headed back there for some H&R spacers soon. Thanks again to EC for their service and the new stabilizer!
Originally Posted by AofC_RR
Just got mine on the car friday. Definitely helps tighten up the steering. I know it's less of an issue for you S4 guys but in the B8 A4 it's too light.
Originally Posted by pyramid
Got mine installed today. I'm very happy with it. I would describe the sensation like putting a good strut tower brace in another car.
Impressions: Car seems to track straighter/truer under straight line hard acceleration/braking and cruising. Front end feels like there is more feel than before, especially at the limit. On my test drive today I drove exceptionally hard into a few corners and instead of the stock uncertainty about how much the front end was pushing it felt like there was immediate feedback of exactly how much grip/slip was going on. Everything feels better connected and the communication is much improved.
The front actually feels so much more solid now that I could really feel the slop in the rear end and differentiate the two easily. This made me wonder, is there a similar part that could be upgraded in the rear to serve a similar function? I would buy one of those today if such a thing existed.

H-pipe High Flow Catalytic Converter

Retail $319.00, Sale Pricing $255.20 (20% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=1874

The perfect compliment all Stage I or Stage II programming, check out our Hpipe High Flow Catalytic Converter. Priced at only $319.00, not only is it the best performing HFC on the market, but one of the most affordable too!!

In addition to unleashing the hidden potential of the TSI motor, our Hpipe also passed California's strict emissions test with flying colors!!!

Product Details:
Manufactured from T304 aircraft quality stainless steel with mandrel-bent 3" diameter tubing and polished to a mirror shine. Our High Flow Cat has proven a solid 16HP & 19lb-ft Torque @ 4600RPM to the WHEELS on a chassis dynamometer (APR Stage I, Stage II results coming soon!!!)

The factory cat is extremely restrictive, and by just replacing it with this bolt on HPipe which goes in-line with your factory or aftermarket exhaust system, you will unleash the hidden potential of your 2.0TSI motor not to mention quicker spool up of the turbo.

Our H-pipe features a 200 cell, 3.5 inch inlet, 3.5 inch outlet, round spun metallic ULTRA High-Flow Performance Catalyst, which we have found to be the highest flowing catalyst available.

Tested at 1000 cfm range @ 28" of H2O to flow ~600 CFM. The one piece spun body long neck design and 200 cell density metal composite core make for the best flowing catalyst while providing compact packaging and extreme durability.

The information below was obtained from a customer who chose to dyno the car completely stock vs. the EuroCode Tuning HPipe on California 91oct fuel at an independent shop. All gains were measured at the wheels thus the gains at the crankshaft will naturally be greater due power train loss. The graphs show the gains at the crank shaft.

All numbers indicate increase levels of HP & lb-ft of Torque at the wheels for a Quattro 2.0TSI B8 A4 6 Speed. The gains are identical on a B8 A5 2.0TSI.

**please be aware that in the State of California, you can only replace your catalyst with an OEM product to pass emissions, our unit was only tested in order to show that the emissions output meets CA standards.

TRUFit Silicone High Flow Turbo Inlet Hose

Retail $69.95, Sale Pricing $55.95 (20% off) Follow this link to purchase: http://www.ecodetuning.com/shop/cart..._detail&p=2053

Eurocode Tuning would like to introduce to you out TRUFit Silicone High Flow Turbo Inlet Hose for the B8 chassis A4/A5 2.0TFSI. With a name like TRUFit, would you expect anything less than perfect fitment?

Designed to replace the restrictive rubber accordion hose in between the factory air box and the IHI turbo inlet (seamelss install with K04 upgrades too1), our TruFit hose has a smooth interior surface and wil outflow the factory hose increasing your performance.

Features:
  • CAD designed in the USA
  • Reinforced with four layers of nylon to retain shape even under the highest vaccum
  • Allows the sound of the factory turbo and diverter valve to be mor prononced
  • Reduces turbo spool time and improved throttle response
  • Simple DIY installation with comprehensive instructions
  • Requires no modification, trimming or any changes to the factory airbox
  • Fully compatible with the APR/Carbonio Carbon Fiber Intake System

Old 05-29-2012, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ending this tonight, thank you to everyone who's participated in our sale.