A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Extended Warranty for Fuel Injectors from AoA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

This letter is similar to one sent a few months back to those with the 3.0/3.2 TFSI engines extending the warranty for potential carbon build-up on the Secondary Injection ports. Like this one, the car must display a CEL for the 10 year warranty to cover the carbon removal.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a copy of this letter? We have just moved home after 9 months being displaced and I know we missed some mail. Ironically out of the blue our 2011 Audi Q5 starting sputtering and we took it in and they said it was the fuel injectors. An insane $2500 later we have all new ones installed but I wonder if we are covered under this extended warranty.
If anyone has a copy of this letter they can email me I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!!!!!

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-03-2015 at 04:42 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Not a good idea to publish your email address in a public forum. Best to share this kind of info using the AudiWorld Private Mail feature.

As to see about your issue, call AoA with your VIN. They will be able to tell you if you qualify for an extended warranty re your repair.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I may have your old car

Originally Posted by surfcity rings
My 2011 had fuel injector issues with about 18k miles on it, but my experience was different then what the letter described. I was in the fast lane going 80-85 on the 5 freeway heading to San Diego. My car felt like it was running out of gas, but when i looked in my rear view mirror, I saw tons of white smoke coming out of the tail pipes. The car stank horribly of gas and the check engine light was on,luckily I managed to get the car off the freeway. I used the road side assistance and the car was towed to the dealer.

The dealer said one of my fuel injectors had a bad seal, and it basically flooded my engine. It took them 2 days to fix it, and I had to take an half day off work to head from OC to San Diego to pick it up.

This was the first issue I had with the car and raised my concerns. Shortly after this i noticed the oil consumption issues. I took the car in for stage 1 and it did not fix it.

Atleast they now acknowledge the fuel injector issue, hopefully they will do the same with the oil consumption problem.

I traded in my Audi, and the issues I experienced chased me away from the brand.
Was it a white A5? I think I may have bought it!
Old 05-08-2017, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Fuel Injector failure

i have just had my 2 tlr TFSI towed home due to bad misfire. Number 4 fuel injector pissing in fuel. Rung my local Audi dealer and they claim no recall or knowledge of extended warranty. I had this problem with the oil burning issue and Audi Rebuilt my engine 2 years back. It was me who recorded the Radio 4 programme in December 2014, blogged on piston heads and I got the issue on BBC watchdog after advising owners to email the BBC in January 2015. I'm not about to roll over on this issue or take any bull from my dealer. Interested if other owners have had the Injectors sorted under warranty. mines a 2010 with only 60K miles. thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DPSMITH060
i have just had my 2 tlr TFSI towed home due to bad misfire. Number 4 fuel injector pissing in fuel. Rung my local Audi dealer and they claim no recall or knowledge of extended warranty. I had this problem with the oil burning issue and Audi Rebuilt my engine 2 years back. It was me who recorded the Radio 4 programme in December 2014, blogged on piston heads and I got the issue on BBC watchdog after advising owners to email the BBC in January 2015. I'm not about to roll over on this issue or take any bull from my dealer. Interested if other owners have had the Injectors sorted under warranty. mines a 2010 with only 60K miles. thanks in advance.
i have had possible injector issues, juddering amd hesitation on acceleration also had a cylinder 4 misfire and engine managment light come on, reset via carista never came back on. Since then i have had stage 2 rebuild due to oil consumption, car is still burning a little oil but has the juddering amd hesitation again.