A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Fuel Injector Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Issues

Hi,

I purchased my 2011 A4 S-Line 5 months ago, and generally I'm satisfied with the car (this is my first Audi). But within the last 6 weeks, it's been in the shop twice. Both times the car has failed on the way home from work.

The symptoms are the engine and EPC light are displayed on the dash and the engine runs very rough. First time, cylinder one had a bad injector and plug was fouled, both replaced under warranty (as was the oil filter and oil separator valve). Car ran fine for about 6 weeks, then again the very same symptoms. This time the injectors in the remaining cylinders were leaking. They replaced all three to fix the problem.

This is more of an PSA than a question, just wanted to share this experience.

A couple things I've noticed about this car, and the dealer cannot duplicate (of course) is that when the engine is first started it makes some pretty strange sounds, like there are pumps running.. it goes away after 30 seconds. Also, when backing up and turning, out of a parking spot for example, there is some pronounced stuttering feedback through the steering wheel. That does not always happen. Are these events normal with an Audi?

Thanks for reading!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SirFatty;24507331]Hi,

I purchased my 2011 A4 S-Line 5 months ago, and generally I'm satisfied with the car (this is my first Audi). But within the last 6 weeks, it's been in the shop twice. Both times the car has failed on the way home from work.

The symptoms are the engine and EPC light are displayed on the dash and the engine runs very rough. First time, cylinder one had a bad injector and plug was fouled, both replaced under warranty (as was the oil filter and oil separator valve). Car ran fine for about 6 weeks, then again the very same symptoms. This time the injectors in the remaining cylinders were leaking. They replaced all three to fix the problem.

This is more of an PSA than a question, just wanted to share this experience.

A couple things I've noticed about this car, and the dealer cannot duplicate (of course) is that when the engine is first started it makes some pretty strange sounds, like there are pumps running.. it goes away after 30 seconds. Also, when backing up and turning, out of a parking spot for example, there is some pronounced stuttering feedback through the steering wheel. That does not always happen. Are these events normal with an Audi?

Thanks for reading![/QUOTE

The start up sounds and steering chatter are pure Audi. Audi changed the power steering hose design several time to address the issue. There is a TSB on this so check and see that they did the update to your car.