A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Hello from a new Audi owner!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a new Audi owner!

My wife and I bought a new Audi A4 last week. We ended up with the 2.0 Quattro petrol. We weighed up another Mercedes or BMW, but price and specification wise the Audi won.

I'll take delivery end of the month or earlier if my C class sells.

The car is black with metallic paint and sunroof options. We were looking at a diesel model too for $5000 less but the standard kit on the Quattro seemed with the money, even though the diesel would have been brand new.

first new car purchase and I got the corporate program too giving us free service for 3 years.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Sorry, I should explain. We take official delivery next week BUT the car is in my garage because the Audi Dealer has given it to us a as a loan car (yes, our very own car) because the finances have been approved and I sold my Mercedes yesterday afternoon.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A diesel would be $5000 less? Geez. It would be a $7000 overage here in the States.... if they even offered a diesel A4.

Looking sharp!
Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nostromo
A diesel would be $5000 less? Geez. It would be a $7000 overage here in the States.... if they even offered a diesel A4.

Looking sharp!
To add further clarification, the diesel was not quattro nor did it have technology & comfort packs.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your car really dresses up the garage. I like the wheel/tire combination. You will like the light seats in the next few months. You will need to get familiar with the quattro (never capitalized) Torsen differentials and you will be spoiled forever.

Put your left foot on the floor behind the brake pedal and adjust the seat so your knee is slightly bent. Find an empty stretch of road and run about 50 mph. Now put both feet on the brake and push as hard as you can. You will be amazed at how quickly it stops, and how well mannered it is. Now do it again, only steer around an imaginary pothole. You will be thrilled how it handles.

The Bluetooth phone works really well, and music can come from the SD card slots. A single card can hold 5,000 songs or one telephone message from your mother-in-law.

Now have some fun. The Turbo gasoline engine is so much more than the oil burners.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the same color combo but in an Avant.. very classy look. If you do decide to tint, please don't make it look like a gansta rapper.. not too dark now.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Horzu
I have the same color combo but in an Avant.. very classy look. If you do decide to tint, please don't make it look like a gansta rapper.. not too dark now.
I'm getting the darkest legal in Australia. It's not too dark.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

Congratulations, she's a beauty! Looking forward to pictures after the tint.

Also, sounds like you got a good deal with the service package.

Happy trails!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

There was some mix up and the tinting didn't get done. Good maybe because I got more time to decide on shade.

But the car is ours now (or leasing company lol). It was pulling left since driving it for the last few days, but they did a good wheel alignment today.

Happy with the car... almost got over the fact it's not a Benz (I'm a big mercedes fan). Lol just kidding, for the deal we got, the car is better than the bmw or mercedes we could have bought in the same price range.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My advice...? get the lowest you can. According to what I read it makes little if no difference at all to the inside temperature. Just a fashion thing? The car as already tinted. Anyways, with the light interior I think it looks better to keep it light or not at all. More restrained and sophisticated... (till you stomp it that is!)

Quick Reply: Hello from a new Audi owner!