A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Help me - What is wrong with my drive?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me - What is wrong with my drive?

I have had two flat tires in my '09 A4 in the last year. I replaced the tires both time with the same model pirellis that came with the car. Ever since then, depending on the climate, I get jerking in the steering wheel - like when the car tires are out of balance. When I first start the car in the AM or it is cold outside, the wobbling is very noticable. After I drive awhile it ususally subsides a bit, if not toally. To try to solve I took the car for an alignment - had Audi AND and independant place balance the tires as well. They both said that the other shop had not done the service correctly. The only thing I can think is that it may be the tires at this point. I am a fast driver on mostly highway terrain. I really liked the Pirelli tires before I replaced them. To buy the replacments I used Tire Rack.com. Is that the problem? Or is it something else?

As a side note - Do you have to replace all 4 tires at once in a Quattro? Or can you use the same rule of "penny" thumb for the wear and do two at a time as necessary?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audrey75
As a side note - Do you have to replace all 4 tires at once in a Quattro? Or can you use the same rule of "penny" thumb for the wear and do two at a time as necessary?
i dont know the answer to that, i know the when you take the car to the tire place thats what they say, i guess all tires should have the same patter, or the ones with less grip will wear out sooner.