A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

How bad does this look?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad does this look?

Was hit on Monday and I'm still waiting for the insurance co to send someone over for the initial inspection. I'm losing my mind speculating... basically if the car is not totaled they will need to complete the repairs before the end of the month.

So... how bad does this look? Is it plausible to have the repairs done in 2 weeks? thanks!!

Old 08-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hope everyone is ok. Probably not a total loss based on your pictures. They will need to replace the door and the right quarter, air bags and probably some suspension parts, is it quattro? If so, may be some other hidden issues.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year and mileage? The airbags are going to be expensive.

Also, there's a possibility of frame damage on the rail there at the bottom. The rear door will definitely need to be replaced.

I doubt it would be ready in 2 weeks, based on the fact that I believe special order parts will be necessary.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks, just some seat-belt burns and whiplash.
It is a 2016 quattro, I did not know it could be anything else..... what kind of hidden problems can a this have?
Also, any clue what that piece of metal on the ground could be or where it could have come from? There were two pieces like that.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

brand new - 2016 about 5000 miles
only the right side airbags deployed - the frame right now is my biggest concern. I'm taking the car to the dealership, but they told me if there is frame work, it's going to be 5 business days just for that.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Probably looking at about $9-12K in repairs. Besides the door, the whole rear quarter panel/upper doors roof section will probably need replacement (it's all one piece). Based on my A6 experience last summer, 2 weeks after appraisal would be about right. My front fender took three days from order to arrival.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The door isn't the problem here it's the unibody. Also the suspension underneath is another question. It looks like the metal on the ground is some sort of shielding. Replacing the door and airbags is easy but the door seal will most likely leak unless the cut that side of the body off and weld in a new piece. I'm thinking maybe $20K and a month to fix it. If I got it fixed I'd sell it and get another. Tough luck.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

One thing is for sure...Car Fax will take a toll on depressed future value.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Its very unfortunate to hear about your accident hope all is ok ,

In regards to the car it will definitely take more then 2 weeks however i am an expert at rebuilding cars from accidents and i'll tell you one thing which is to have it written off and get the insurance money.

or if you do repair it , it'll take a month and make Audi do the repairs not some Jo-Blo because at least that way you'll keep your warranty intact
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A car with accident damage will only be deemed totaled by the insurance company if the repairs exceed a certain point, often 80% of book value. Regardless of who repairs the car, a repair from body damage will not affect the warranty of rthe car unless a defect is directly related to the repair itself. In that case, the repair shop usually will warranty the work they performed. My Audi dealer's collision center warranties their work for 12 months on parts and lifetime of the original owner on labor.

Quick Reply: How bad does this look?