A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Interesting info on B8 engine cutoff from car accident

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car had a mild accident. The airbag didn't deploy. The car ran well for a few days, but now there is no power going to the fuel pump. Is there any relationship with the cut off device? Where is it located anyway, the positive battery ? Can any body help?
Old 04-15-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 A6 Avant S line black edition rear end cut off

Im so glad I have found this topic on the forum. I have purchased 2014 A6 C7 Avant after rear end collision no airbags deployed just driver seatbelt has gone. The car would not start on its own but it does when u connect jump start packs 1 under the bonnet and one directly to the battery. I was able to confirm tha the pirotechnic battery cut off switch gone and need replacing . This sits behind the battery and cost around £25 from ebay or around £120 from Audi. But there is also no charge to the battery and only 11.6V is live. Does anyone know if this explosive fuse cuts off the alternator or is it something to do with the seatbelt deployed ?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just bought a 2014 Audi A4 s line that was in a small accident when the car was picked up at the auction site the dash board lights turned on but didn’t start and now there is no current what so ever. No airbags were diploid but the seat belts in the rear did tighten up so i’m thinking a crash safety mechanism went off which is on the battery but I can’t get the trunk open. I tried to jump starting it from the front but nothing. Also the rear seats don’t fold. If anyone can give me some advice that would help.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If the car has a fixed rear seat backrest, there is a release wire for the trunk under the rear seat.
From the owner's manual:
Carefully pull the left side of the rear seat
bench so far out of its mounting that you
can grasp hold of the Bowden cable
-> Fig. 33.
► Remove the adhesive tape.
► Pull the loop until the boot lid is released.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do I just pull on the rear seat or is there anything I have to do before pulling?
Old 04-28-2022, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A4 B8

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
As I posted here before, on 1/10 I was in a rear-end car accident that essentially seemed to have disabled my B8. At first I thought it was because I was unable to disengage the ebrake and I kept getting ebrake malfunction on the driver display. It's been at the Audi dealer for a week now and for a few days they couldn't figure out how to start the car!! Luckily they did and I wanted to share this info with other B8 owners for reference.

According to the Audi dealer service tech, there's a supplemental system that's linked to the car's SRS (airbag) system that is triggered when the car detects a significant impact. In my case, the airbags didn't deploy but the impact was enough to trigger this supplemental system. This system he said is essentially a pyrotechnic/firecracker type device that explodes and cuts the hard line that provides power to the engine. The battery still powers accessories, nav, lighting, etc but things like the ebrake (now it makes sense), the engine, brakes, steering are cutoff from power!

So they eventually discovered this (not fully familiar with B8 yet) and reset this system. After doing this, the car started right up, the ebrake issue cleared up and they were able to drive the car to the body shop with no issues!!

SO, if you are ever unfortunate enough to be in an accident and your B8 won't start, you at least have a clue as to why!!

I hope to get it back in a week or two, but at least I know the car is working fine and it's just body work.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b8/msgs/24989.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b8/msgs/24989.phtml</a</li></ul>
so basically I've got an Audi A4 b8 I've changed the airbag fuse at the back of the car where the battery is located but I'm still getting no start it started the first time after the car but then after that there is no ignition or start I've tried everything possible jump start with power cables and everything but no start at all I need any sort of help or advise on what to do or how to get it to start it was literally front end damage airbags went off and that was about it and these are the error codes coming up on the diagn

ostic