Interesting info on B8 engine cutoff from car accident - Page 4 - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Interesting info on B8 engine cutoff from car accident

Notices
A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting info on B8 engine cutoff from car accident

Old 12-26-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My car had a mild accident. The airbag didn't deploy. The car ran well for a few days, but now there is no power going to the fuel pump. Is there any relationship with the cut off device? Where is it located anyway, the positive battery ? Can any body help?
Old 04-15-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2014 A6 Avant S line black edition rear end cut off

Im so glad I have found this topic on the forum. I have purchased 2014 A6 C7 Avant after rear end collision no airbags deployed just driver seatbelt has gone. The car would not start on its own but it does when u connect jump start packs 1 under the bonnet and one directly to the battery. I was able to confirm tha the pirotechnic battery cut off switch gone and need replacing . This sits behind the battery and cost around 25 from ebay or around 120 from Audi. But there is also no charge to the battery and only 11.6V is live. Does anyone know if this explosive fuse cuts off the alternator or is it something to do with the seatbelt deployed ?
Old 04-12-2018, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just bought a 2014 Audi A4 s line that was in a small accident when the car was picked up at the auction site the dash board lights turned on but didn’t start and now there is no current what so ever. No airbags were diploid but the seat belts in the rear did tighten up so i’m thinking a crash safety mechanism went off which is on the battery but I can’t get the trunk open. I tried to jump starting it from the front but nothing. Also the rear seats don’t fold. If anyone can give me some advice that would help.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If the car has a fixed rear seat backrest, there is a release wire for the trunk under the rear seat.
From the owner's manual:
Carefully pull the left side of the rear seat
bench so far out of its mounting that you
can grasp hold of the Bowden cable
-> Fig. 33.
► Remove the adhesive tape.
► Pull the loop until the boot lid is released.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do I just pull on the rear seat or is there anything I have to do before pulling?