A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Little Accident

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sounds like you had no choice in this case but to go through your insurance co. The police report should show you were not at fault and your ins co will collect from his co.
That's the plan

You don't realize how much better your car is until you have to drive something else....Nissan Altima
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I got the estimate for repairs. I need a new rim, repair and repaint rear quarter panel and replace rear bumber. Total is $2,120. I assume I may need a couple of brackets for the bumper, but he didn't mention that. Now I have to wait for the insurance companies to send the statement requests. I have to do statements for both I'm guessing they will be in today's mail.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're safe. The car did it's job. Now let your insurance company ream this idiot for hitting you. Make sure the repairs are done well, to your satisfaction, not his insurance company's.

So if you see something else that needs to be fixed from the accident damage, let the shop know... if the paint doesn't match, let the shop know.

If they're replacing the rear bumper, they should be replacing the parking sensors also. That's what my insurance company does as standard practice.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad your safe bro. It does suck no doubt! I assume the repair will be on the carfax which means less resale value if you plan to sell it. Hope you get her back looking like before you got hit. Make sure the repair shop is Audi certified. Peace of mind in my opinion.

His insurance should pay the $500 deductible if it's his fault. All in all it's just a car, can't replace human life ya know! ETA on repair time.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also be glad the most important part wasn't hit.....the engine!
Old 06-18-2012, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ports
Glad you're safe. The car did it's job. Now let your insurance company ream this idiot for hitting you. Make sure the repairs are done well, to your satisfaction, not his insurance company's.

So if you see something else that needs to be fixed from the accident damage, let the shop know... if the paint doesn't match, let the shop know.

If they're replacing the rear bumper, they should be replacing the parking sensors also. That's what my insurance company does as standard practice.
I will certainly say something if the paint doesn't match. They are also fixing some paint damage on the passenger side. The front passenger door handle and front quarter panel from my neighbor hitting my car when he would wheel his wife's wheel chair over to his car instead of moving the car out first. I believe his door was hitting my car Right after I showed him the estimate to repair it, he switched spots with a neighbor. His wife had a stroke and fell and now she's in a wheelchair. I didn't have the heart to make him pay and I couldn't prove it, but I am 99.999% sure it was him. And he knows he did it too. Otherwise he wouldn't have moved.

I will ask about the sensors. It wasn't something he mentioned in the estimate, but it may be part of it.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2012, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blaze Henryson
Glad your safe bro. It does suck no doubt! I assume the repair will be on the carfax which means less resale value if you plan to sell it. Hope you get her back looking like before you got hit. Make sure the repair shop is Audi certified. Peace of mind in my opinion.

His insurance should pay the $500 deductible if it's his fault. All in all it's just a car, can't replace human life ya know! ETA on repair time.
Yeah. I'm ok, thanks. And I'm a bro-ette

I wasn't that upset really. I guess the older I get, the less I sweat the small stuff :roll eyes: Plus I needed to get a small paint repair done, so while it's there, I'm having that done too. I will likely buy the car at lease end depending on my financial situation. The place that's fixing it is right across the street from the Audi dealership and shares the same lot with the Audi service dept. So yeah, they do a LOT of Audis.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bodyshop rentals are outrageous. The same car at ACY (Atlantic City Airport) is $25. Full size cars are $28.

Use Hotwire.com to find a better deal and ask the rental company to match it or wave buhbye.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Moviela
Bodyshop rentals are outrageous. The same car at ACY (Atlantic City Airport) is $25. Full size cars are $28.

Use Hotwire.com to find a better deal and ask the rental company to match it or wave buhbye.
If I thought I would have to pay, I would have negotiated. But the other guys insurance needs to pay me back or pay the difference. I am supposed to get something equivalent to my car, which the Altima is not, but I was ok with it. So if anything, they owe me a better car to drive which would undoubtedly cost them even more. They're lucky I didn't request an upgrade
Old 06-19-2012, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by trlyka
If I thought I would have to pay, I would have negotiated. But the other guys insurance needs to pay me back or pay the difference. I am supposed to get something equivalent to my car, which the Altima is not, but I was ok with it. So if anything, they owe me a better car to drive which would undoubtedly cost them even more. They're lucky I didn't request an upgrade
When the bumper on my car was getting repaired last week, I got stuck with a Chevy Aveo. I guess State Farm considers that "equivalent" to an A4.

Quick Reply: Little Accident