A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Little Accident

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
When the bumper on my car was getting repaired last week, I got stuck with a Chevy Aveo. I guess State Farm considers that "equivalent" to an A4.
Uh, close, but not quite

I could of got a cheaper rental car I suppose. Just to avoid having to go through waiting for my money back. I assume the Aveo is about $20/day?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess they're both cars.. and have 4 wheels.

As far as the sensors. I unfortunately caused a 3 car accident 2 years ago.

Driver 2 cars up was applying make up at a stop light, stalled her car. SUV in front of me started to move, and quickly jumped on the brakes. I was just stepping on my gas and wham, no where to go.
Low speed collision, less than 5mph, since we were all stopped.

But the Mini Cooper up front got a love tap from the SUV.. and insurance replaced her bumper and parking sensors, just in case... thing wasn't even scratched, or dented. It needed a buffing to remove the scuffs.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trlyka
Yeah. I'm ok, thanks. And I'm a bro-ette

I wasn't that upset really. I guess the older I get, the less I sweat the small stuff :roll eyes: Plus I needed to get a small paint repair done, so while it's there, I'm having that done too. I will likely buy the car at lease end depending on my financial situation. The place that's fixing it is right across the street from the Audi dealership and shares the same lot with the Audi service dept. So yeah, they do a LOT of Audis.
I am sorry my lady :-P
Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Sounds like you had no choice in this case but to go through your insurance co. The police report should show you were not at fault and your ins co will collect from his co.
Ok, 2 weeks and I got my car back......I picked it up last Thursday. I didn't have to pay a dime. Except the $10 of gas I put in my rental

When I got the car back, I was a little disappointed by a few things. First, the paint on one side at the corner of the bumper where it meets the quarter panel by the wheel well. You can see where the paint is not covering the black bumper on the corner. It looks rough and unfinished. Like maybe it was still wet and they hit the corner, or they missed a spot. Also, the passenger side of the bumper corner by the wheel well where it meets the quarter panel has some flex in it. You can press it in, but the drivers side is solid with no movement. Also, there was glue residue on the rear drivers side rim needs that was replaced and it needs to be cleaned. I feel that should have been cleaned up before I picked up the car. Also, I had half a quart of oil in a bag in my trunk. I had no problems with it leaking until after I picked up my car. I know a tech was in the trunk because they left a 2 page preliminary estimate report in the trunk. So there was evidence of someone rooting around in there. I understand they may have to go into the trunk as part of the bumper repair. I can't help but think the bottle was pressed on in some way causing it to leak all over my things. He is going to have someone try to clean the carpet. Someone said in another post to clean the carpet with car wash soap, so I may do that if they don't clean it well enough for my liking.

To add to the fun.....

When I got in the car I got the tire pressure warning. Ok, so maybe I needed air. No big deal. I go to put air in, but none of the tires were that low. Turns out they forgot to reset the MMI for tire pressure after replacing the rim and tire. Then my 'Service Due' light comes on shortly after. This was a coincidence. It had been 1 year since my last visit. Then my low oil light came on the next day

I'm dropping it off tonight for my service and then the body shop is taking it after that to look over the bumper, clean the car/rim and clean the oil.

I'm normally not too picky, but these few small things were unacceptable. I understand it's super hot here in NJ and they want to do a little labor as possible, but I pay good money for my car and I want it done right.

I need to go play the lottery. With the car and other personal things going on, it's been a horrible month!

Last edited by trlyka; 07-02-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

You are absolutely right to demand it be perfect. Don't accept any excuses.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
You are absolutely right to demand it be perfect. Don't accept any excuses.
I could have, and probably should have, cleaned the trunk out. But I was upset and in such a hurry and I didn't have anything real valueable in there, so it didn't register to take my stuff out. Either way, I can only assume it was their fault.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what body shop did you use?
Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by markinarch
what body shop did you use?
Nassau Conover Collision Center in Princeton NJ. The Audi dealership is across the street from the service center and the body is on the same lot. So they work together. If I pick up my car from Nassau, then I go to the Audi service desk.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I picked up my car yesterday from the service center after it had been in for service and then back over to the body shop for those few follow up things.

They fixed the part of the bumper that was moving on the passenger side. They 'touched up' the paint that didn't look finished on the driver's side. I really didn't expect them to remove the bumper because the spot was on the edge. The rim was 'cleaner', but they still didn't wash my car. Not that I could tell anyway. I think they just took a rag and wiped the glue off. The oil is still in the trunk. They may have attempted to clean it, but when I put my hand over the carpet, it was still there. And not just a little oil. I didn't have to rub hard at all and my hand was greasy. So I went back into the service center and mentioned it, but the guy said I had to call them and they were closed at that time. So I will call tomorrow since today is a holiday. Either they clean it right, or I will tell them I want a new carpet.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I dropped off my car the night of on 7/5 for 7/6. They were going to send it to the detail shop for the oil (again) and I felt the back up sensors weren't performing like they were before. I had always had a very urgent beeping even when backing up to my curb when I park at my condo. I am getting a few beeps, or maybe 2, then a pause and one more before reaching the curb. So I felt something was off. They said they took it to the detail shop, but there was still oil and they said they didn't find any issues with the back up sensors

I was getting tired of taking it in which is what they were probably counting on, and he suggested baking soda. I figured ok, I will try that and see what happenes. It did soak it up some, but at this point I either need new carpet or a professional cleaning. I took out the removable piece and used super clean on it, but I think I still notice some oil. I am waiting for that to dry now. I may end up requesting new carpet if their detail shop can't handle it.

As for the sensors, I assume that's under warranty, so I can talk to the dealership for that.

I'll be emailing the body shop to tell them I want to bring it back again for the oil. I'm sure they will love to hear from me again!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Little Accident