A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Little Accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

I did a bit of research online about oil in a trunk carpet. Apparently, if you get it right away, you can get almost all of it off. Once the oil has seeped into the fibers though, it seems it almost impossible to get it all out. Also, I've read that the oil can a seep into the backing and "pool" onto the car metal which needs it's own cleaning as there will still be residue. Finally, it may be replacement of the carpeting is the only option at this point.

As for the sensors, watch out for the dealer trying to blame the issue on the accident which they may claim is not warranty eligible.

I wish you the best and hope it works out.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I did a bit of research online about oil in a trunk carpet. Apparently, if you get it right away, you can get almost all of it off. Once the oil has seeped into the fibers though, it seems it almost impossible to get it all out. Also, I've read that the oil can a seep into the backing and "pool" onto the car metal which needs it's own cleaning as there will still be residue. Finally, it may be replacement of the carpeting is the only option at this point.

As for the sensors, watch out for the dealer trying to blame the issue on the accident which they may claim is not warranty eligible.

I'll tell you this.....I will NEVER keep oil in my car like that ever again. Who knew that a 1/4 qt. of oil would cause so much hassle?

I think you're right. The oil is in there good now. I will call the dealership for pricing on replacing the right side trunk carpet and maybe the removable piece in the middle. Then I would ask the body shop to pay. I would be willing to pay half since I can't prove beyond a doubt that they caused it. Although I am fairly certain they did. Just like I never caught my neighbor hitting my car, but the damage wasn't there when I parked on Friday, yet on Monday, there is damage and they only go out on Sundays.....

It's not rocket science!

Thanks for the info

Last edited by trlyka; 07-09-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven

I tried to clean the floor piece with Super Clean. It's still oily. I could do it again, but it's a pain. And forget the side, that's not getting clean unless the carpet is replaced.

I called Audi this morning and they sent me a quote for the right side trunk carpet and the floor piece. The total was $578.06 with tax. I called the body shop and explained that I was sending over a email with the quote. I think they are going to call the insurance company since the leak could of happened when I got hit. That's fine with me. I just want it replaced. I'm waiting to hear back from the body shop.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by trlyka
I tried to clean the floor piece with Super Clean. It's still oily. I could do it again, but it's a pain. And forget the side, that's not getting clean unless the carpet is replaced.

I called Audi this morning and they sent me a quote for the right side trunk carpet and the floor piece. The total was $578.06 with tax. I called the body shop and explained that I was sending over a email with the quote. I think they are going to call the insurance company since the leak could of happened when I got hit. That's fine with me. I just want it replaced. I'm waiting to hear back from the body shop.
Ok, the body shop called me back. They called the insurance company and they are paying for it! So no more dealing with the body shop to fix something they didn't feel they were responsible for. It's certainly possible the leak was caused from the accident.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:22 AM
Banned

Hi dear these days i want to discuss about my little incident last tow few several weeks ago i go with my buddy's for getaway and on the way our car displaying some issue and on the way ceased and other part a crazy vehicle arriving towards us at complete rate and through our car so far and we get injured but God preserve us from serious injuries.'.