A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Looking at 2011 A4 Premium Plus

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at 2011 A4 Premium Plus

I am considering buying a 2011 A4 Premium Plus.

Long story short, this is the car I wanted in the first place but bought a subaru legacy being more fiscally responsible.

Last week someone (or some idiot) turned left in front of me and crushed the front of the subaru. It is going to take a month to fix and because that car is only a few grand from being totaled I started looking at Audis again.

I found a 2011 A4 Prem+ for 25,500 with 36k miles. It is not at an audi dealer, and I am thinking of buying it and just selling off the subaru when it is out of the shop in 4-6 weeks. I know the CPO vehicles are not perfect, but esp with a higher end car like this I know that CPO can come in handy. So essentially I am curious about what I should watch out for if I test drive the car, and am I asking for trouble not getting a CPO vehicle?

This is exactly the car I wanted in the first place (car, color, features). Based on the price I am guessing it may have had body work done to it after an accident or something since it is cheaper than non cpo 2010s from my local audi dealer. And of course I would get a vehicle history report before I bought it. I know this car isnt super far away from running out of the factory warranty as well so like I said I am just looking for opinions and suggestions.

http://www.carsoup.com/details/used/...AmcGFnZW51bT0z
Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Infinity, welcome aboard!

I'd never buy a used Audi (or other Euro car) without CPO.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Infinity, welcome aboard!

I'd never buy a used Audi (or other Euro car) without CPO.
I'll second that. Keep looking for a CPO. You can buy from any dealer in the country. Florida and California will be the best buys.

If you can get an extended warranty from Audi for the vehicle out to 7 yrs, 100K it might be a good buy from the Datsun dealer.

The price is quite high for a three year old car. 18 to 20K is plenty for that age and mileage.

Check carefully for multiple owners, lease return, or rental program cars. There are enough single owner cars to let the former pass by.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by infinityends
I am considering buying a 2011 A4 Premium Plus.

Long story short, this is the car I wanted in the first place but bought a subaru legacy being more fiscally responsible.

Last week someone (or some idiot) turned left in front of me and crushed the front of the subaru. It is going to take a month to fix and because that car is only a few grand from being totaled I started looking at Audis again.

I found a 2011 A4 Prem+ for 25,500 with 36k miles. It is not at an audi dealer, and I am thinking of buying it and just selling off the subaru when it is out of the shop in 4-6 weeks. I know the CPO vehicles are not perfect, but esp with a higher end car like this I know that CPO can come in handy. So essentially I am curious about what I should watch out for if I test drive the car, and am I asking for trouble not getting a CPO vehicle?

This is exactly the car I wanted in the first place (car, color, features). Based on the price I am guessing it may have had body work done to it after an accident or something since it is cheaper than non cpo 2010s from my local audi dealer. And of course I would get a vehicle history report before I bought it. I know this car isnt super far away from running out of the factory warranty as well so like I said I am just looking for opinions and suggestions.

http://www.carsoup.com/details/used/...AmcGFnZW51bT0z
I bought my car without CPO. I guess I felt safe since the car was practically brand new (8months, 6500 miles, 1 owner)and well within factory warranty. I've had several things covered under warranty and I can definitely say my car runs phenomenol.

Of the problems I've had with this car, and that seem to be popular, i dont think it's something you can detect on a testdrive. Oil consumption was big in 2009 and 2010. Not sure if it was solved later. Water pump failure seemed to be big as well. If only you could get maintenance records. Maintenance plans stay with the car BTW (transfer to new owners), ask if your car has it. Nice perk for me.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got done buying my used 2012 and went though this same process.

You can contact the dealer and ask for a copy of the carfax if you are concerned about accidents and what not.

Also didn't the 2011 premium plus have the 8 speed automatic standard, and the premium model have the 6 speed automatic as standard.

You can look at doing an aftermarket warranty from one of the national brands. A search on some of the forums will give you the names of some of the major players. Being at the end of your original warranty would make me a little nervous.

If the dealer offers you and extended warranty, remember the price is negotiable along with the amount of the deductible.

I think the price for this car seems fair. I would still do a lower offer, maybe find out what the trade in price is for the vehicle and offer that as your starting point.

Autotrader.com and Cars.com worked well for me. I actually found the car I got 500 miles away. I was being picky and wanted to sports package.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by timNgobbles
Also didn't the 2011 premium plus have the 8 speed automatic standard, and the premium model have the 6 speed automatic as standard.
Tim, welcome aboard!

The automatic in the 2011 and newer B8 cars is the 8 spd unit.