A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Anybody heard of Nexen Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Anybody heard of Nexen Tires?

I went to a local tire dealer today intent on buying four new Continental DWS tires. He looked them up and gave me what I thought was a fair price, which included balancing, mounting, etc..

But, he said that for $180 less, he could set me up with a set of Nexen tires. When I told him I had never heard of them, the said they are very popular on the west coast. He added, "I have been selling tires for 50 years, and Nexen are the best tires I've ever sold."

He told me he would sell me the Continentals if I wanted, but he recommended the Nexens. (Note: I am planning to keep my car for about one more year.)
Old 12-12-2013, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Driver
I went to a local tire dealer today intent on buying four new Continental DWS tires. He looked them up and gave me what I thought was a fair price, which included balancing, mounting, etc..

But, he said that for $180 less, he could set me up with a set of Nexen tires. When I told him I had never heard of them, the said they are very popular on the west coast. He added, "I have been selling tires for 50 years, and Nexen are the best tires I've ever sold."

He told me he would sell me the Continentals if I wanted, but he recommended the Nexens. (Note: I am planning to keep my car for about one more year.)
They are sold at Walmarts.
About Nexen Tires
Originally established in 1942 as Heung-A Tire, Nexen Tire has over 60 years of tradition as a respected leader in the tire industry. Acknowledged as Korea’s first tire company, we first began car tire production in 1956.
Over 30 years later, in 1985, the company was expanded through the construction of a radial tire factory in Yangsan, Korea. Through an alliance six years later with a Japanese company, OHTSU Tire & Rubber, we furthered our technological know-how and manufacturing capabilities.
- See more at: http://www.nexentireusa.com/#sthash.9B7fgMlc.dpuf
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks!