AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   My 2.0T Avant quattro S-line 6MT (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/my-2-0t-avant-quattro-s-line-6mt-2745575/)

Scotty (UK) 03-25-2009 12:06 PM

My 2.0T Avant quattro S-line 6MT

1 Attachment(s)
Well almost.

About 8 weeks wait I've just been to collect it :

The last two months I've had this feeling Audi would miss something off the build and I'd have to reject the car.

Would it be B&O? Perhaps the Lighting Pack? Perhaps SatNav?

Well the tail pipes weren't chrome like the brochure says but they said they'd talk to Audi UK as it's in the brochure. They have missed the front and rear parking sensors also. "Don't worry" they said "they can be retro fitted at the Audi centre."

Sort of ok .... ish.

Errrm how the **** are they gonna retro fit that !!!!!!!! Doh!!!!!!

Drove home. Coming out of one roundabout I thought 'that felt like a wheel spun'.... nah!! It's can't be and that was it.

I got home and noticed no quattro badge on the glove box....and then it was missing on the grill....and on the tailgate.

Under the car I go and I find a blank in the wheel centre (see pic) where i was expecting to see a drive shaft.

Just to convince myself of what I already new, I went to a near by junction and booted it whilst the wheels were at an angle. Massive tramping from the front wheels.

It's evening now but I SMS'ed the salesman and he agrees I have to reject it. The paperwork is all correct so it doesn't seem like a dealer issue...apart from they didn't spot it. Admittedly the car did only arrive at theirs today.

So what to do now?

Get my S4 back? Use this car until a replacement turns up?

If it's another 8-10 weeks then the MMI 3G Sat Nav will be out or at least imminent so I reckon I'll be insisting on that.

I'm not particularly happy right now. :(

p.s. I'm more convinced that ever that quattro the correct choice for me.

Mobilehavoc 03-25-2009 12:09 PM

Wow, that's nuts. I'd wait and insist on getting one of the first 2010 A4s with the 3G MMI

dk1 03-25-2009 12:23 PM

Sorry to hear that. The whole thing is weird. It's unlikely that the factory can miss an option, let alone such a major option as AWD. Most likely the dealer forgot to enter it in the computer.

At this point just wait for 2010 unless you see some very good deal on an 09 from the dealer lot.

Scotty (UK) 03-25-2009 12:44 PM

It was built to order at arond 11% off list price. I'll be expecting the correct car for no more cash and a 2010/MMI 3G.

I was also told that the chrome tail pipes are now an option .... despite the brochure showing they're included. "They reserve the right to change or deviate from the brochure". What so if they change the leather or sport seats, etc etc then you've got no come back??? That's crazy!!

Spacecadet_CC 03-25-2009 07:24 PM

That is absolutely insane that this could happen! Please keep us posted on what they think happened. Sorry to hear that you are in this situation.

Blake P 03-25-2009 08:27 PM

Wow, I've never heard of such a thing happening. Get the car you want or you'll never be happy you settled. I'm sure glad mine arrived exactly as ordered.

Jay 4R 03-26-2009 08:26 AM

This is crazy, and makes me nervous. For whatever reason I've been having this (what I thought was irrational) fear the past few weeks that the car wouldn't arrive as ordered. But would dismiss the thought as crazy nonsense. I guess it can really happen! Doh! My fear is that the car will arrive as Sport, and not S-Line.

Zendriver 03-26-2009 12:22 PM

I'll toss out a "me too" about not getting exactly what I ordered. I have never had to order a car before and the extra 2 to 3 months before I get it has just added to my anxiety. My fear is that it will arrive without a few of the little extras I asked for, as well as the S-line package.

I'd be angry as hell if I were you Scotty, and I definitely would try to stick them to giving me a 2010 with 3G MMI for the extra wait and disappointment. Definitely don't settle on something like this!

Mobilehavoc 03-26-2009 01:00 PM

So I remember I pre-ordered my car in June 2008 and took delivery in September. During the process, in July-August timeframe (don't remember) the dealer printed off some inventory report of what was coming in on various shipments. Along with VIN number, it listed the color, the trim, engine, and all the options I had selected. The dealer told me this info comes from the Audi factory and sure enough my car came exactly to that spec.

I'd check that and know that beyond that there's nothing you can do to check. OH and if you're getting AMI (comes with P+ or Prestige) MAKE SURE you get a the AMI iPod cable for free!! :)

Scotty (UK) 03-26-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc (Post 23751251)
I'd check that and know that beyond that there's nothing you can do to check. OH and if you're getting AMI (comes with P+ or Prestige) MAKE SURE you get a the AMI iPod cable for free!! :)

I got the USB and iPod cable for free..... ONCE I asked!!

I've lost my voice so not been able to discuss with Audi today (plus it was my salesmans day off - although he did still call me).

Hopefully we'll make some progress tomorrow.