A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

New car, new to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car, new to the forum

Hi. I just bought a 2011 Audi A4 2.0T Premium . I've never owned a Audi before. A few questions. What does the premium stand for ? What is the tray with the slits in it ( to the right of the shifter)for ? My car sits lower in the rear than the front . Normal ? Thanks for the response .Feel free to add anything else u think I should know about my car .

Last edited by RRHMJ23; 12-13-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome. The premium model is the entry level trim for the A4. Premium Plus and Prestige round out the trims available.

That is the coin holder.

Rear should not be lower. Is there a body in the trunk?
Old 11-26-2018, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by treilley
Welcome. The premium model is the entry level trim for the A4. Premium Plus and Prestige round out the trims available.

That is the coin holder.

Rear should not be lower. Is there a body in the trunk?
Thats what I thought as far as the tray , and nope no body but the rear does sit lower than the front.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,863 Likes on 1,583 Posts

You might have to look into the suspension history, assuming it's all stock components. Maybe the front shocks were recently replaced but not the rears. When I replaced my very worn out original shocks, it pushed the wheel arch up over half an inch relative to the wheel center. Or maybe a problem with the rear springs, or maybe they did front control arm work and didn't tighten them at ride height. But the wheel center to the top of the wheel arch should be the same distance all around, stock.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Took the car to Audi, just to get a baseline on everything. They said the suspension looked to specs. The car should sit lower in the rear is what they said. My front and rear brake pads were a few mm off , they suggested replacing the pads/rotors and sensors along with my wipers being bad. $2100 for everything including $50!! To change the wipers. Lol. Anybody know where I can get the oem brake parts or better than oem brake parts ?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the Audi Stealership! Find a local independent for service when needed. Brake rotors and pads are easy if you have ever done them on other cars before.

Rotors I used for my 2010 A4.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJOBKH2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CJOBKH2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pads:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004US3BCW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004US3BCW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Over a year so far on these with great results.

Wipers:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00411RCXC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00411RCXC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think you need a 20" and a 24"
Old 12-14-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by RRHMJ23
Took the car to Audi, just to get a baseline on everything. They said the suspension looked to specs. The car should sit lower in the rear is what they said. My front and rear brake pads were a few mm off , they suggested replacing the pads/rotors and sensors along with my wipers being bad. $2100 for everything including $50!! To change the wipers. Lol. Anybody know where I can get the oem brake parts or better than oem brake parts ?
Try www.fcpeuro.com. They have hassle free returns and lifetime warranty.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

ecstuning.com
europaparts.com
shopdap.com
fcpeuro.com

And the car should definitely not "sit" lower in the rear. I measured my ground to top of fender arch through the middle of the wheel on all four corners and they were all within 1-2 mm of each other (I've replaced my shocks all around during this year). Maybe the rear shocks are simply worn out. My rear shocks were completely shot, I could play accordion with them with no effort. The new shocks required laying my whole body into them to compress them.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SMac770
ecstuning.com
europaparts.com
shopdap.com
fcpeuro.com

And the car should definitely not "sit" lower in the rear. I measured my ground to top of fender arch through the middle of the wheel on all four corners and they were all within 1-2 mm of each other (I've replaced my shocks all around during this year). Maybe the rear shocks are simply worn out. My rear shocks were completely shot, I could play accordion with them with no effort. The new shocks required laying my whole body into them to compress them.
As you can see from the picture it sits WAY lower. The Audi dealer said it's supposed to sit that low. Still doesn't make sense .
Old 12-14-2018, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Take this video of a review of a 2011 A4: youtu.be/U-GmUI90JyE?t=409
The tire to wheel arch clearance front and back look more uniform, and more like I would expect.

The dealership is just that, they don't dig into analysis. If there's nothing quick and easy for them to say which they think you might agree to pay for, they aren't bothering with it.
The rear shocks are really easy to dismount; you could do just the lower bolt and check how they compress/expand. If it's too easy, time to replace them. Also check to make sure neither spring is broke.

The rear is equally low, and the front equally high, on both sides?

Quick Reply: New car, new to the forum