A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

No A/C Fault In J519 Module

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 01:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No A/C Fault In J519 Module

Hi All,

Just had my A4 in at the mechanic today trying to fix the AC (AC not cooling).

He found a fault code 457 in the J519 power control module (P/N 8K0 907 063 D) and a fault with the pressure temp sensor. The sensor was replaced and the same sensor fault presented so it looks like J519 fault is primary and sensor is secondary due to compressor not running.

Started cooling after applying power direct to the compressor clutch.

Next step is to replace the J519 module.

Has anyone had this type of fault before?

I can source from EBAY but some have a different letter code at the end of the P/N. Is this a revision indicator? Would it be safe to use a different revision?

He mentioned that a new controller would need to be programmed. I have VCDS - does anyone have any info on what needs to be programmed into this module?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2019, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Mikeg,

I have the same problem you have encountered. May I know how did you fix it? Have you changed the controller? If so, can you tell me how did you change and the link of the controller?

thanks.

Kelvyn

Originally Posted by mikeg78
Hi All,

Just had my A4 in at the mechanic today trying to fix the AC (AC not cooling).

He found a fault code 457 in the J519 power control module (P/N 8K0 907 063 D) and a fault with the pressure temp sensor. The sensor was replaced and the same sensor fault presented so it looks like J519 fault is primary and sensor is secondary due to compressor not running.

Started cooling after applying power direct to the compressor clutch.

Next step is to replace the J519 module.

Has anyone had this type of fault before?

I can source from EBAY but some have a different letter code at the end of the P/N. Is this a revision indicator? Would it be safe to use a different revision?

He mentioned that a new controller would need to be programmed. I have VCDS - does anyone have any info on what needs to be programmed into this module?

Thanks
Old 04-02-2019, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi Kelvin,

I did not replace the J519 BCM module.

I found that it was due to the pins in the pressure/temp sensor in the condenser being pushed back in the connector. I pushed the pins back in to the connector body and the problem was resolved and has been working for over a year now. It was hard to see this problem as each wire has a rubber seal.

You should check this first and also the wiring from this connector back to the J519 BCM module as apparently that is prone to damage.

WHen I made the post above, I thought I had eliminated the connector and wiring as the problem because I had gone as far as soldering wires onto the sensor and running these back to the BCM to bypass the exisiting wiring but this did not resolve the problem. To this day I don't understand why it did not work when I did this. I can only speculate that the sensor pins have a coating that caused a poor solder joint.