A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

One more in the Meteor Gray army

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One more in the Meteor Gray army

Ordered the car Oct 12, arrived in port Dec 13, took delivery Dec 18.

2011 A4 Premium Plus Quattro tiptronic, 18" sports pkg, nav, B&O. Meteor Gray / Black interior w/ wood trim.

Love it!

Old 12-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love that color but it is a real bear for insurance because it blends with the road. People will never see you coming, or at least more people than usual. Is it possible to take a pic of your shift paddles? I have never seen a pic of the paddles in a tiptronic with sport before. Thanks and congrats on that beautiful car.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Meteor Gray army is gaining popularity at an alarming rate.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by David Bennett
Is it possible to take a pic of your shift paddles? I have never seen a pic of the paddles in a tiptronic with sport before. Thanks and congrats on that beautiful car.
Thanks guys. The paddle shifters are cool. I seldon used the center console manual shifter in my old car but find myself using the paddles a lot. It's been especially useful in breaking in the car (driving at different engine speeds). the +/- on the paddles light up. Here are some picks...

Old 12-22-2010, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Aww man that is cool. It is making me rethink my decision to go with the 6MT...almost.

Thanks for the pics and enjoy that beautiful ride.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

"Love that color but it is a real bear for insurance because it blends with the road."

Umm...what? That's the biggest load of BS I've heard on here in a while.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Crucible35
"Love that color but it is a real bear for insurance because it blends with the road."

Umm...what? That's the biggest load of BS I've heard on here in a while.
Color perception is a HUGE issue in passive accidents (other people hitting you) There is plenty of psychophysiology on color perception, and attention. And yes, actuarial tables take color into account when setting comp premiums. At least Meteor gray is more visible than black at night.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by David Bennett
Love that color but it is a real bear for insurance because it blends with the road. People will never see you coming
Not to dispute the fact that insurance wil take many things into account, but I question how solid this could be. For instance, I live in the south where most of the highways are concrete - very light color. The quartz gray or ice silver cars would technically be closer in color to the road surface. Likewise, shouldn't Ibis White rates go up in winter for the snowy states?

I think it may be more likely that statistics say that Meteor Gray owners drive more aggressively and rack up more tickets. Insurance will just look at the bottom line stats of accidents and tickets. They don't really care that the real reason Meteor Gray owners drive more aggressively is because they're so jazzed about the color of their car.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Without hijacking the thread yes guys it is very true about this color being way more prone to accidents. Even more so than black. Dark grey is the worst. Believe it, insurance companies have an algorithm for everything. It's not BS at all crucible.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Nice car!

People that are not actually driving, but riding in their phone booths and texting palaces while behind the wheel are more prone to accidents, and cause more accidents.

It is proof, I have seen it.

Get out and drive that Meteor gray car before a rolling phone booth hits you, with your lights, or drl's on.

PS, I had the paddles on my DSG A3 sport, and each time I drive the new A4, I reach for the paddles and .....they are not there. Ouch.

Did I say nice car?

Quick Reply: One more in the Meteor Gray army