A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

P0299 Error on recent purchase (2009)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:38 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sverdina

Oh, and I read recently that "...the steering may shudder during low speed turns such as parking, requiring a revised power steering hose." Has anyone else experienced this? I always thought it was a bit odd to be honest but assumed it was "normal" with these cars.
Steering wheel on my 2009 does shudder a bit on low (near standstill) speeds. If your car is under warranty you can get it fixed under TSB. Myself I consider this minor and I didn't want them messing with the car so I left it alone. I did get my straight sunroof deflector changed to a serrated one - the noise from the original design did bother me a lot.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jmcgeejr
I am dropping my car off at a local audi shop here in Seattle, once I get some info back on my car I will let you know what they find. Sorry for all your troubles mate.
Fingers crossed its something trivial...let me know what you find out. Univ. VW/Audi I assume?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Fingers crossed its something trivial...let me know what you find out. Univ. VW/Audi I assume?
Eastside European in Kirkland, got the call they said it was fixed, replaced the DV, I took it home and on the way home CEL came back on, immediately took it back, they said the DV was def bad but maybe something else, so now I have to take it back in to get looked at yet again. UGH, what a pain. Sadly this being my first audi I am not sure how to do most of this myself, with my old saab I did most of the work, I just wanted a car that was in working order and that I could do repairs myself later on. I am reading that this could also be a faulty wastegate and if that's it it would be a whole new turbo...any prices for those, will I pretty much have a heartattack when I find out? Cheers guys.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jmcgeejr
Eastside European in Kirkland, got the call they said it was fixed, replaced the DV, I took it home and on the way home CEL came back on, immediately took it back, they said the DV was def bad but maybe something else, so now I have to take it back in to get looked at yet again. UGH, what a pain. Sadly this being my first audi I am not sure how to do most of this myself, with my old saab I did most of the work, I just wanted a car that was in working order and that I could do repairs myself later on. I am reading that this could also be a faulty wastegate and if that's it it would be a whole new turbo...any prices for those, will I pretty much have a heartattack when I find out? Cheers guys.
Lame! Well don't let them talk you into replacing the oil separator...as doing that in my case didn't resolve the P0299 issue. I could still be just a leak somewhere else...a faulty hose or some such. Who knows. Let me know what you find out coz I'm in the same boat as you...
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I backed-out the APR s/w and had the car reverted to stock. No more P0299 when accelerating. Just like the way things were before I embarked on this futile 'tuning experiment'.

With my limited knowledge of these things, I suppose it's possible that there *might* be some sort of very minor vacuum leak or something somewhere that only manifests so as to trigger the CEL when running higher boost pressures courtesy of the tuning. Whatever...just speculating.

On the other hand, as the car operates without error under 'factory' conditions/specifications I find it hard to blame the car when the CEL only appears with said tuning.

For now I'll enjoy the car as it was intended to be and may (or may not) revisit the matter of tuning sometime in the future...
Old 10-08-2012, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I backed-out the APR s/w and had the car reverted to stock. No more P0299 when accelerating. Just like the way things were before I embarked on this futile 'tuning experiment'.

With my limited knowledge of these things, I suppose it's possible that there *might* be some sort of very minor vacuum leak or something somewhere that only manifests so as to trigger the CEL when running higher boost pressures courtesy of the tuning. Whatever...just speculating.

On the other hand, as the car operates without error under 'factory' conditions/specifications I find it hard to blame the car when the CEL only appears with said tuning.

For now I'll enjoy the car as it was intended to be and may (or may not) revisit the matter of tuning sometime in the future...
Damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that, I dont see how I could have a modified code unless the guy who leased it did it. If I dont drive it like a rocket my CEL doesnt show up either, so I have to decide do I want to drive it like I stole it or drive it to keep the CEL off
Old 01-02-2013, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get to the bottom of that P2099? Mine has returned following part#1 of the oil consumption test/TSB most likely due to updated software which was included per Audi.

On a positive note, the oil consumption issue appears to have been resolved, though I it seems I've traded one problem for another...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get to the bottom of that P2099? Mine has returned following part#1 of the oil consumption test/TSB most likely due to updated software which was included per Audi.

On a positive note, the oil consumption issue appears to have been resolved, though I it seems I've traded one problem for another...
Mine is a faulty wastegate, I dont have the cash to get a new turbo at the moment, it comes and goes. So for now I just ignore it.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

*****! Sorry to hear it. I fear I might be in the same boat as you.

Curious what finally led them to the diagnosis as I recall you having mentioned enduring numerous unsuccessful repeat visits to Univ Audi?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

*****! Sorry to hear it. I fear I might be in the same boat as you.

Curious what finally led them to the diagnosis as I recall you having mentioned enduring numerous unsuccessful repeat visits to Univ Audi?
They actually took the turbo out and did tests on it, my only concern is do I do the stock turbo at 1900 or go aftermarket for 3K, especially since I have no warranty on anything might be fun to get that higher boost turbo.

Quick Reply: P0299 Error on recent purchase (2009)