A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Upgrades

Hello,

I was planning on doing some performance upgrades. What would you buy first and which upgrades have the most bang for the buck. I currently have an apr exhaust, kn typhoon intake(don't like), PS2 tires, and s4 brakes on my non-sline a4. I am considering HR sport springs, awe intercooler, carbonio CAI intake system, and perhaps a bigger turbo and cpu tune. Is there anything else im forgeting about?

Thanks for your time and consideration
Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I hope you considered this first...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ot-tuning-quot
Old 04-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry I failed to mention my 09 prestige a4 has about 55k so I believe the majority of the warranty has expired so im no longer concerned by Audi's tuning crack downs.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tycoon8807
Hello,

I was planning on doing some performance upgrades. What would you buy first and which upgrades have the most bang for the buck. I currently have an apr exhaust, kn typhoon intake(don't like), PS2 tires, and s4 brakes on my non-sline a4. I am considering HR sport springs, awe intercooler, carbonio CAI intake system, and perhaps a bigger turbo and cpu tune. Is there anything else im forgeting about?

Thanks for your time and consideration
General concensus is that a tune is the largest bang for the buck in terms of power upgrades - close second is a HFC and the "stage II" ECU tune version - but emissions tests may be a concern with that.

The rest are, I believe, much farther down - the CA intakes, turbo inlet hoses will add a bit, but not like a tune.

Inter coolers are of course dependent on what kind of driving you are doing - Eurocode has several parts that remove restrictions in the intake system. The intercooler kit replaces everything from the turbo to the throttle body, they also have a kit that replaces the turbo outlet adapter and piping but uses the stock IC. They and 034 have turbo inlet hoses - some have had issues with fitment of the 034 hose with carbino intakes.

Beyond all of this would be the APR K04 kit, or RAI's turbo upgrade...
Old 04-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by need_TQM
General concensus is that a tune is the largest bang for the buck in terms of power upgrades - close second is a HFC and the "stage II" ECU tune version - but emissions tests may be a concern with that.

The rest are, I believe, much farther down - the CA intakes, turbo inlet hoses will add a bit, but not like a tune.

Inter coolers are of course dependent on what kind of driving you are doing - Eurocode has several parts that remove restrictions in the intake system. The intercooler kit replaces everything from the turbo to the throttle body, they also have a kit that replaces the turbo outlet adapter and piping but uses the stock IC. They and 034 have turbo inlet hoses - some have had issues with fitment of the 034 hose with carbino intakes.

Beyond all of this would be the APR K04 kit, or RAI's turbo upgrade...
Thanks a lot! Im going to get the tune soon!