A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

power loss exiting corners

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power loss exiting corners

OK....so i have a "new to me" 2011 A4 2.0T Quattro (premium) with the 8spd auto...she's right at 50,000 miles.

I absolutely love the car but I found a bit of an issue recently.

On my way home, there is an on ramp going from one highway to another. It's a right handed loop and the traffic is next to zero.
I usually have fun taking it as fast as possible but as I hammer it out of the end of the loop, I loose all power. Much like it drops boost or is starving from loss of fuel.
I can hammer it from a dead stop or on a roll and never have the issue...only when exiting a turn.

Any help would be great.

Oh....and I get the same result on a 1/4 tank, 1/2 tank, full tank of fuel.

Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you have any codes?
Old 10-14-2016, 03:40 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

My guess would be ESP intervention.
I believe it has been noted before it can intervene without necessarily blinking any dash lights.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gk1
My guess would be ESP intervention.
I believe it has been noted before it can intervene without necessarily blinking any dash lights.
No codes and I tried it with the ESP turned off....same result. It's sooooo strange!!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribing. Very interested as well. = )
Old 10-17-2016, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok..UPDATE:
I'm thinking its a diverter valve issue. I'm finding it bucking and losing power under heavy load and boost quite a bit now. If I let off and then get on it with less gas, it's fine.
Any suggestions for a replacement...I'll be getting Revo stage 1 shortly.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Also, could this be a fuel filter/injector issue? I'm getting NO codes or CEL. I would imagine if the DV was faulty, I would be getting something.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by B8Brit
Also, could this be a fuel filter/injector issue? I'm getting NO codes or CEL. I would imagine if the DV was faulty, I would be getting something.
Your signature does not state what year/engine you have. Only those that know you personally can offer advice. The rest of us can only guess.

Edit:
Ok, read thread again and found you posted info previously on a post. Sorry not familiar with your setup. Good luck though. = )

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 10-19-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK so it finally threw a code and I happened to be by an Autozone so I stopped in. It said my fuel pressure "regulator" was bad and it showed a photo of the in tank fuel filter.
After doing some research, I ordered a fuel pressure sensor hoping that will take care of it.
I have been putting it through several "scenarios" when driving. I can bring it up past 4k under little to no boost if I gingerly get on the gas and it runs fine. I can also bog it down in manual mode in 6th or 7th gear and bring the boost all the way up without hitting 3-4k rpm and it works fine. It's only when I run it normally and get on the gas, it comes up to 3-4k rpm under full boost and then just falls off completely. I mean my head jerks forward it's such a sudden loss of power. It's frustrating as hell!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You say it "threw a code" what does that mean? CEL? VCDS code? OBD2 code? What said your fuel pressure "regulator"?

The actual VCDS code would be best but if not what ODB2 code did you get?

Quick Reply: power loss exiting corners