AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/)
-   -   Question: Can the Avant be equipped with a rear sunshade?? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b8-platform-discussion-128/question-can-avant-equipped-rear-sunshade-2726505/)

BMWBig6 11-02-2008 03:22 AM

Question: Can the Avant be equipped with a rear sunshade??

The Audi configurator calls the interior option "Sun blind for rear & side windows" but lists a different description for the sedan and Avant:

<b>Sedan:</b> "Power rear sunshade and manual rear side door sunshades"

<b>Avant:</b> "Manual sunshades for rear side doors" (no mention of rear sunshade!!)

Both options are $500. So are the Avant buyers being charged the same amount for less content? The description makes it sound like they don't even get a manually-operated rear sunshade!

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Jack Foulard 11-02-2008 05:34 AM

I haven't heard of a shade for the avant hatch but maybe audi is thihking about it.

BMWBig6 11-02-2008 07:46 AM

I know the C6 A6 Avant has one. Did the B7 Avants have one (optional)?

audiboi 11-02-2008 10:05 AM

Audi has offered manual sunshade on Avants / A3 / Q7 in the past

Jack Foulard 11-02-2008 11:53 AM

I would think then that the B8 should have one since the price is the same,

Is the sedan rear shade powered? If so, I would be very surprised if the avant didn't due to same cost.

This is a question for AoA or any rep that has gotten in an avant with the back seat shades.

One thing to think of is tinting the windows. I would much rather have the 7 windows tinted for ~250 than spend the $500 for just the 3 windows. JMHO

BMWBig6 11-02-2008 12:03 PM

The sedan's is powered. I wouldn't put it past Audi to charge the same for a manual shade in Avant.

I plan to have ceramic window tint installed as well, not just for privacy but for heat rejection and UV protection. The retractable shades are just a bonus.

Hokie_Audi 11-02-2008 03:13 PM

As near as I can tell Audi charges the same price for no rear shade in the A4 Avants.

Everything I've seen says rear shade is only for the sedans. In the Avant you just get the door shades.

Jack Foulard 11-02-2008 03:45 PM

That's what I was not hoping for.

If the sedan's is powered then how can they charge the same for NO shade in the avant. If it was manual then OK. For reliability reasons manual would be better for me.

Very screwy and cheezy of AoA if no rear screen at all.

Hokie_Audi 11-02-2008 03:51 PM

I was going over a C6 A6 and a B8 A4 Avant today... the shade on the A6 was noticeable.

I don't recall seeing one on the A4 - I wasn't specifically looking for it mind you, but on the A6 it certainly was obvious that it had a shade in the rear, not so much on the A4. And that jives with what I understand about it from reading on the AoA website. Check that list of features dealio at the end of the Build Your X exercise. Pretty sure the rear shade is deleted with the A4 Avant.

BMWBig6 11-03-2008 05:59 AM

Then why does the Audi configurator for Avant show "Sun blind for rear &amp; side windows?"