A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Side Assist System Fault

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Assist System Fault

I been getting this message each time I use the feature in my car. Has anyone else experienced this?? What did they say?? How long did your repair take??

I took the car in to the closet dealer (30 miles away) yesterday but they didn’t get to look at so they do not know what the deal is. They are keeping it till next Tuesday when they reopen. Car is still under warranty so I am not worried about cost and such plus I am loving 2012 Q5 that they gave me as a loaner.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get your side assist issue checked out? Resolved as well? My side assist passenger lights up at will. Could be nobody else on the road and the things lights up. Very annoying.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got that error messages many times. I visited dealer to get it fixed many times. At first, they kept updating the software. Then, they replaced the button on the A pillar. Since then, I seldom received the error message (only once or twice in recent months).
Old 10-04-2011, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

They fixed it... they replaced a part and its been good ever since. Over a month now and no problems.

Take it in and have them look at it... its a feature that comes in handy for those long road trips.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by CPS2010
Did you ever get your side assist issue checked out? Resolved as well? My side assist passenger lights up at will. Could be nobody else on the road and the things lights up. Very annoying.
My side assist on the driver side kept on lighting up without reasons. It took 3 visit to the dealer before they fixed it. First time, they updated the software, second time, they tried to calibrate it. Third time, I believe they replaced the sensor in the bumper. Now I rarely get a false alarm.

Good luck on your repair.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for for the replys. Glad to see there are others who were able to get it fixed.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Fault

My side assist has been broken over a year. Dealer has tried replacing switch and wiping/resetting the error. Nothing works so i gave up. I would like to hear what the dealer does about your side assist
Old 10-09-2011, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tycoon8807
My side assist has been broken over a year. Dealer has tried replacing switch and wiping/resetting the error. Nothing works so i gave up. I would like to hear what the dealer does about your side assist
You need to be more specific about your problem: what does it do or does not do ?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I start the car it beeps and says Audi side assist system fault.

I am told by the dealer the computer is saying "open circuit". But they are unable to figure it out.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My side assist never displayed any fault warnings, but it kept on lighting up on the side mirror for no reason.

Is yours working properly, but reporting an error anyway ?

You would expect the dealer to replace the modules if it is not working properly and giving warnings on top of it !

Have them fix it while it is under warranty !

Quick Reply: Side Assist System Fault