A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Side skirt and spoiler thoughts...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MOFSTEEL
These don't follow the lines of the front and rear bumper.
I prefer the OEM sline gaurds.

I see your point there, but to each their own I suppose. Since these are just body pieces we are talking about as opposed to performance upgrades, there isn't really one that's better than the other. All that really matters is what you personally think looks best on your car. They certainly do have different appeals to them as well. Some more of a clean look while some are more aggressive. Again it's all just preference so nobody here made the wrong choice if their happy.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by a4-bob
I did the sideblade, similar to ItsDubc; purchased from ECS. Very happy with them over non s-line.

Vaporize: nice ride! Looks great and I'm sure the stasis mods are quite enjoyable.
Thank you, and yes the modifications are very enjoyable, my favorite part being the combination of torque and grip you get while ripping through a turn. The previous owner (Forum member: Qtrocar) did a very good job taking care of the beauty.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the sideblades, it definitely looks good combined with the slightly protruding portion of the stock front splitter.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for your opinion guys....i personally DO like the look of the S-line stone guards...seems to integrate with the stock front and rear real well with ItsDubC and validA4's cars....thanks for the pics!....

Vaporize...your OEM side skirts look nice..and it's probably what i would really like to get in terms of a true side skirt...rather than a "stone guard"...but for my taste...seems to drop a bit lower than the front and back without a full on kit doesn't it?...maybe that's just me....regardless..thanks for sharing pics of your nice ride!....

I guess in terms of rear spoiler...it all comes down to personal taste...just wondering if some would look out of place without a full on body kit....know the Rieger spoiler is fairly subtle...and might work..any thoughts here or experience with a 3-piece spoiler..like the ABT?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Vaporize
I have an B8 S-Line but I have the other OEM side skirts installed, looks a little bit better in my opinion. Here are some pics.
Hey that is Cliff's old A4 minus the Stasis/Champion Forged wheels that he swapped over to his new S4. Where'd you find those pics?
Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
Hey that is Cliff's old A4 minus the Stasis/Champion Forged wheels that he swapped over to his new S4. Where'd you find those pics?
Good eye QUA77RO! Like I said in my post above I credit Cliff with the build-up of this car (although I referred to him by his username rather than his real name). I bought the car from him early this year around March. I myself have only put about 5,000 miles on the car, but am absolutely in love with it. I simply wanted to share some pictures of the side skirts he put on the car so that those considering new skirts would have a look at one that is much less common.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good eye QUA77RO! Like I said in my post above I credit Cliff with the build-up of this car (although I referred to him by his username rather than his real name). I bought the car from him early this year around March. I myself have only put about 5,000 miles on the car, but am absolutely in love with it. I simply wanted to share some pictures of the side skirts he put on the car so that those considering new skirts would have a look at one that is much less common.
No question he loved that car....although I think he loves his S4 more. He had it up at Thunderhill the week after I got it, pretty sure. He drifted me around T2 nicely. Gotta love that torque vectoring rear diff...

I've ridden in your A4 in a few hot laps around Laguna Seca. I'm glad to see that it is no longer lowered as much as it was the way Stasis set up the suspension. Stasis had it just dumped. The front wheel well was barely above the rim edge forget tire. It looks much better the way you've got it AND you won't have to worry about riding the bump stops under compression. I see that you mention you have swapped the Reiger side skirts for the S-blades. Keeping the Reiger rear valence I hope. I'm not a fan of carbon-look but it looks pretty sharp on that car.

Are you going to bring it up to Infineon for Nationals in October?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
No question he loved that car....although I think he loves his S4 more. He had it up at Thunderhill the week after I got it, pretty sure. He drifted me around T2 nicely. Gotta love that torque vectoring rear diff...

I've ridden in your A4 in a few hot laps around Laguna Seca. I'm glad to see that it is no longer lowered as much as it was the way Stasis set up the suspension. Stasis had it just dumped. The front wheel well was barely above the rim edge forget tire. It looks much better the way you've got it AND you won't have to worry about riding the bump stops under compression. I see that you mention you have swapped the Reiger side skirts for the S-blades. Keeping the Reiger rear valence I hope. I'm not a fan of carbon-look but it looks pretty sharp on that car.

Are you going to bring it up to Infineon for Nationals in October?
Not quite sure what you meant by the comment about the side skirts or if I was unclear in one of my posts, but either way the car is still just like it is in the 3 pictures on the first page, the only exception being slightly tinted tailights (I used Rustoleum lens tint and think it looks pretty clean. I can put pics up if anyone cares to see). And don't worry, the Rieger rear valance is very much still there . Glad to hear that you have had the oppurtunity to ride in both the A4 and Cliff's S4, both of which are amazing cars, although I'm sure your avant is quite a track monster as well!
Regarding what you said about the ride height I completely agree. It has a very low and assertive stance with great handling benefits, but tall enough to clear speed bumps and have no risk of rubbing under compression.
As for Nationals it pains me very much to say that I have immovable obligations on my schedule and I will not be able to attend this year. However, I do plan to be at the Turn 5 event at Laguna Seca on September 17 and 18. Will you be at Turn 5 yourself?
Old 08-21-2011, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Not quite sure what you meant by the comment about the side skirts or if I was unclear in one of my posts, but either way the car is still just like it is in the 3 pictures on the first page, the only exception being slightly tinted tailights (I used Rustoleum lens tint and think it looks pretty clean. I can put pics up if anyone cares to see). And don't worry, the Rieger rear valance is very much still there . Glad to hear that you have had the oppurtunity to ride in both the A4 and Cliff's S4, both of which are amazing cars, although I'm sure your avant is quite a track monster as well!
Regarding what you said about the ride height I completely agree. It has a very low and assertive stance with great handling benefits, but tall enough to clear speed bumps and have no risk of rubbing under compression.
As for Nationals it pains me very much to say that I have immovable obligations on my schedule and I will not be able to attend this year. However, I do plan to be at the Turn 5 event at Laguna Seca on September 17 and 18. Will you be at Turn 5 yourself?
Got it. I saw a post on the last page and thought that you had switched out the skirts for the side blades. You'll have to forgive my dementia.

Sorry to hear about your immovable obligations... I asked my wife if we could change my son's birthday... That didn't go over well so I'll be headed to Nationals on my own. Which actually works out great for me. I'll make it up to my son... As per Turn 5, I just relocated to Southern California so I won't be able to make ALMS this year. Should be good times at a great track though. I can never decide between Laguna Seca and Infineon as to which is my favorite. I guess I always give Infineon the nod since that's where I started racing way back in the '80's. Laguna Seca is amazing though...

Best regards
Old 03-09-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where can I get these OEM s line gaurds? will they fit onto 2012 s4?

thanks!