A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

SIRIUS Renewal FYI-2 cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIRIUS Renewal FYI-2 cars

1st-I was supposed to receive 3 free months on my 2011 A4. I got the car 10/16/10. My channels started graying out within the past couple weeks. At first just some channels then all were grayed out so none of them worked. I still had a month and a half left.

2nd-My husband drives the '08 A4 and that subscription was up last month. They automatically charged us around $161.00 for another year. So I called the disco department and asked to cancel the '08 subscription and just said it was because it was too much money. I also asked what was up with my '11 Sirius subscription not working.

When I said I was canceling, she offered me $80 (half off) for the year for the primary ('08) and $59 for the year for the secondary ('11). I also have 3 more months free on my '11 since it stopped working for whatever reason, so my 1yr subscription on the '11 doesn't start until 3/6/11.

All in all not a bad deal I suppose. It works out to about $5.83 a month per car.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your experience with Sirius. The more we all know about what is going on and how people are dealing with it, the better informed we will be when dealing with what seems to be a fairly incompentent company.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Loafer123
Thanks for sharing your experience with Sirius. The more we all know about what is going on and how people are dealing with it, the better informed we will be when dealing with what seems to be a fairly incompentent company.

Thanks again.
You're welcome!

The rep I spoke with actually seemed fairly competent.

Whenever you aren't satisfied with a price for a product that you pay monthly/yearly for, never hesitate to go right to the disconnect/cancel department. This doesn't mean you necessarily want to cancel service, but you want to give that impression so they work with you. I work in the 'Accounts Management', aka Retention department, of a big cable company and a large percentage of callers really don't want to cancel, they just threaten to. We are the only department that is allowed to disconnect accounts and offer additional promotions to give you lower pricing. All other departments (billing/sales/service) are not able to lower bills, so they try to sell you something, making the bill higher, or offer a free trial for something. Never really lowering your bill. Just throwing you a bone. Usually, as soon as I give a customer a decent deal, they say ok and keep the service. Most companies would rather have some money vs. no money from a subscriber.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I called Sirrus to renew my subscription for the $79 rate. Upon confirming the rate and providing my credit card number, the saleswoman then told me that my charge would actually be $89 per year, due to some error in the system. She asked me if this was ok. I told her no, and that was not acceptable. She then told me that she would have to transfer me to customer service to get the billing amount adjusted to the agreed upon price. After being on hold for 35 minutes, I finally reached somebody. To make a long story short, I tried to cancel the whole deal when I finally got through. That person told me to hold for another department. 10 minutes on hold and I was disconnected. Called back, 20 minutes on hold, asked to speak to a manager, who then told me some other reason why I was going to be charged more. He claimed it was due to royalty fees. He asked me if I wanted the real $79 deal. I said no, please just process my refund and to remove me from their mailing list. He finally complied and issued the refund (so I thought). 1 month later, I get a charge on my credit card bill for Sirrus and it seems like I get even more junk mail from these idiots. I am in the process of refuting the charges, but I swear - I will never mess with Sirrus again! I heard the horror stories of people not being able to cancel their subscription, due to Sirrus purposely making it a difficult process, but this is ridiculous! I was a customer for 10 seconds, and still getting overcharged and unable to cancel.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:34 AM
dk1
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Allan72
I heard the horror stories of people not being able to cancel their subscription, due to Sirrus purposely making it a difficult process, but this is ridiculous! I was a customer for 10 seconds, and still getting overcharged and unable to cancel.
In all fairness cancellation was very easy for me. I had no issue with the service itself or customer care. They are nice and you can always get some discount (half price for a year, $20 for 5 months, 3 months for free). However I ditched the service due to most of the channels sounding like coming from under water on my B&O sound system. Maybe on lower end stereos it sounds alright but on a better system it was just annoying to listen to music with no highs or lows.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had no issues getting to someone who was more then willing to make me an offer to keep my business. The process was actually pretty painless. I called 888-539-7474 and listened to the prompts. As soon as the 'cancel my subscription' option came up, I pressed it and got to the department that helped me. I didn't need to be transferred nor did I hold for any long periods.

When calling these types of businesses, it's hit or miss on who you will speak to that can actually think outside the box. If you had an offer for $79, then all they had to do was give you a $10 credit and you probably would of stayed. But now after being transferred all over and spending all that time getting frustrated, you were fed up. I would be too..... Their loss
Old 12-08-2010, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, they won't let you cancel easily, just bargain hard and you will get the next 6 months free, with one catch; call back before the 6 months are up so it doesnt auto renew at some unknown crazy rate.

I also fell for the 5 months @ $20 when I mentioned I was waiting for Howard Stern to renew with Sirius XM... I should have taken the 6 months free like other folks did. But I appreciate the service I get, so why not throw them a few bucks since they are broke anyways lol

My buddy just picked up a new B8, premium pkg with some free XM. Any idea how long it will last? When his lease is up, will anyone notice if the XM unit in the trunk is missing? hehe
Old 12-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Allan72
I called Sirrus to renew my subscription for the $79 rate. Upon confirming the rate and providing my credit card number, the saleswoman then told me that my charge would actually be $89 per year, due to some error in the system. She asked me if this was ok. I told her no, and that was not acceptable. She then told me that she would have to transfer me to customer service to get the billing amount adjusted to the agreed upon price. After being on hold for 35 minutes, I finally reached somebody. To make a long story short, I tried to cancel the whole deal when I finally got through. That person told me to hold for another department. 10 minutes on hold and I was disconnected. Called back, 20 minutes on hold, asked to speak to a manager, who then told me some other reason why I was going to be charged more. He claimed it was due to royalty fees. He asked me if I wanted the real $79 deal. I said no, please just process my refund and to remove me from their mailing list. He finally complied and issued the refund (so I thought). 1 month later, I get a charge on my credit card bill for Sirrus and it seems like I get even more junk mail from these idiots. I am in the process of refuting the charges, but I swear - I will never mess with Sirrus again! I heard the horror stories of people not being able to cancel their subscription, due to Sirrus purposely making it a difficult process, but this is ridiculous! I was a customer for 10 seconds, and still getting overcharged and unable to cancel.
So I got a nice letter from my credit card company that the Sirius is disputing my dispute, and will not give my money back, despite the fact that the manager supposedly refunded my money. So I call up Sirius and after dropping some F-bombs, they conceded that they did not properly refund my money, but merely issued me credit for their crap service (WTF?!?!?!). A few more F-bombs and I got them to refund my number with a confirmation #. For anyone dealing with this crap use 888-539-7474 to deal with the billing morons at Sirius. They will transfer you a few times, before you get to this number. I really do not understand how these guys stay in business with this crap. Renew at your own risk!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you have a Citi card use the Virtual Account Numbers. You can put the number you want charged plus an expiration date thus they can't renew without your okay or charge you a penny more. I always use this for phone or internet charges. You get a one time number on line. Great idea.