A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Sports Package Vs. S Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder how the Prestige with 18" wheels drives compared to the 17" wheels. That might be a nice set up for urban use. Or ADS if you can afford it.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The difference between the interior of a sport pack equipped A4 and an S-Line is night and day. Bear with me. I mean that quite literally. I was looking at a Prestige with sport pack and then I sat in an S-Line and I knew that that was what I wanted.... You probably think I was seduced by the Alcantara S-Line seats...nope, they aren't really that much different from the normal sport seats in daily use. They do make a huge difference at the track where sliding around is a non issue. But that isn't what I mean by night and day...

It was all about how completely different the S-Line with black A/B/C pillars and headliner makes the car feel inside compared to the standard headliner. The car feels smaller, more sporty and I feel like I'm in the cockpit of a nice jet as opposed to the cabin of a nice car. The Audi Club members that I've talked to about it, that have standard A4's, don't get it until they sit inside. It's not something that translates well to description.... S4 owners know exactly what I mean as they have the same black headliners. I'm pretty sure that all "S" cars have the black headliners.

For years, VW has done a similar thing. For example a golf/rabbit has a gray/tan headliner and a GTI has a Black headliner. A Jetta has a gray/tan headliner and the Jetta GLI has a black headliner. My AMG has a black headliner and my friends in their standard Mercedes' have a gray headliner. I'm not sure if it's a German thing or what....but the black headliner and pillars impart a much more sporting feel to the car.

I could discuss other benefits besides the "indescribable" but I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes wondering, "what is this guy on?" If you see my car at an Audi Event come on up and introduce yourself. I'd be glad to meet you and happy to show you what I mean.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the SLine, mostly because I was already getting the Prestige and I wanted the Sline wheels and body kit. I'm very happy I got the Sline as you just don't see many on the road and the look is noticable, but not overly glaring...

As for the other sports packages... I'm sure they are nice too.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

i guess i will consider the s-line and blacking out the grill and other stuff myself as i go along
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by QUA77R0
The difference between the interior of a sport pack equipped A4 and an S-Line is night and day. Bear with me. I mean that quite literally. I was looking at a Prestige with sport pack and then I sat in an S-Line and I knew that that was what I wanted.... You probably think I was seduced by the Alcantara S-Line seats...nope, they aren't really that much different from the normal sport seats in daily use. They do make a huge difference at the track where sliding around is a non issue. But that isn't what I mean by night and day...

It was all about how completely different the S-Line with black A/B/C pillars and headliner makes the car feel inside compared to the standard headliner. The car feels smaller, more sporty and I feel like I'm in the cockpit of a nice jet as opposed to the cabin of a nice car. The Audi Club members that I've talked to about it, that have standard A4's, don't get it until they sit inside. It's not something that translates well to description.... S4 owners know exactly what I mean as they have the same black headliners. I'm pretty sure that all "S" cars have the black headliners.

For years, VW has done a similar thing. For example a golf/rabbit has a gray/tan headliner and a GTI has a Black headliner. A Jetta has a gray/tan headliner and the Jetta GLI has a black headliner. My AMG has a black headliner and my friends in their standard Mercedes' have a gray headliner. I'm not sure if it's a German thing or what....but the black headliner and pillars impart a much more sporting feel to the car.

I could discuss other benefits besides the "indescribable" but I'm sure most of you are rolling your eyes wondering, "what is this guy on?" If you see my car at an Audi Event come on up and introduce yourself. I'd be glad to meet you and happy to show you what I mean.
This.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

titanium sport package comes with black headliner, according to website, but I still would go with the S-line first, if it came on the P+ models. New A4 is due in 2013, so typcial Audi practice has been to S-line the crap out of a model run in it's last year.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QUA77R0

I agree 100%
My wife drove my SLine to work today (her car battery died) and she said that a bunch of the guys came out and were all about it.

One guy was knowledgeable about the SLine trim and was comparing it to a BMW level price-wise. He was gobsmacked that we had such a nice car.

I'm glad that there aren't that many SLine cars around
I just wish I had been able to get it in Monza Silver
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Sourdough Josh
This.
This?
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by UmIsThisThingOn
I agree 100%
My wife drove my SLine to work today (her car battery died) and she said that a bunch of the guys came out and were all about it.

One guy was knowledgeable about the SLine trim and was comparing it to a BMW level price-wise. He was gobsmacked that we had such a nice car.

I'm glad that there aren't that many SLine cars around
I just wish I had been able to get it in Monza Silver
My wife says the same thing. She will come back from a grocery run and say, " I came out of "shop X" and there were people gathered around it. They started asking all about it? I didn't know what to tell them other than that it's an S-Line and it's kinda rare."

It gets alot of attention that's for sure. Heck just earlier today I was invited to bring it to the SEMA show. Not sure if that will work. I think that its the same weekend as Audi Nationals and I know I have a conflict for that. But was nice to be invited to show it nonetheless.

The Monza silver is very nice. If I was to go with another color though, I'd probably have gone with the Quartz Gray. Beautiful color. But for a dual purpose car, the Ibis White made way more sense. Easier to maintain/repair and sponsors like high contrast cars...
Old 10-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gunsmoker
If I was looking to spend 45k-50k I would look at the outgoing BMW 5 series which looks better to me compared to the new one and can possibly be had at a decent discount at year's end.
a stripped down 5 maybe... I think you'll find once you add the features in you'd want... you'd be in the mid 50's with a 5 series (528 small engine, big car, no fun!). Step up to the 535 and you're talking high 50's.

Quick Reply: Sports Package Vs. S Line